1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grinding noise for 20-30s at cold startup...

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by luckydjuju, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Aspanova

Aspanova New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    My 2001 prius is experiencing the same grinding noise that you posted. i sent the car to toyota dealer after i had the abs and the brake lights on all the time even after reseting thet faults and the dealer said we need to retplace the abs pump and the cost to very expensive in sweden it cost 25000 kronors almost 2.5k dollars.
    the thing is i heard so prius factory problem about this fault. any idea what can i do to lower the price of fixing my abs pump...

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Buy a used brake actuator assembly and install it yourself.

Obtain factory repair manual info at
    Toyota Service Information

3. Jamshed

Jamshed New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Four
    Hi what may be the exact reason for this noise i have a 2012 prius alpha a months ago this noise started there was no warning lights but last week brakes and ABS lights turned on, this noise is also produced when driving at the speed 20 to 30 kmph. In the morning when this noise us produced I shifted the vehicle on reverse the noise was gone. Plz help me to diagnose the problem.

4. Jamshed

Jamshed New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    Four
    Hi my prius is experiencing the same noise on startup some days ago brake and ABS light turned on and during the noise if I shift the vehicle on reverse the noise went off . Can u plz help me to diagnose the problem