1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grinding noise when turning right at moderate speed (10-40 MPH) - 2005

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Onomatoprius, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Onomatoprius

Onomatoprius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey y'all. Have an '05 with 212k miles on it.

Had a noise start about a month ago (or that's when I noticed it, at least). It sounded like mechanical mayhem on the front left wheel when I turned right.

It sounded familiar, so I went ahead and replaced the wheel bearing with OEM.

A lot of the noise went away. It's totally quiet when driving straight now, but a certain noise persists when I turn right.

It's not the mechanical mayhem sort of noise from before, but a very consistent grinding hum. Like someone is dragging a rock across concrete. I can feel the sound as well, in the steering wheel and center console. Nothing major, but I can feel it.

I looked over the suspension and all the joints/bushings/boots/etc. look fine. The inner fender isn't sagging at all and there's no parts interfering with each other that I can see.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it at all likely that it's actually a steering issue?

Thank you for any and all responses!