1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Grom Adapter - Feedback Noise?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mcdeeee1, Feb 16, 2011.

1. mcdeeee1

mcdeeee1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just installed the Grom Aux adapter in my 2008 prius (w/nav & 6 disc). Everything works as advertised, But, I'm getting this weird electronic feedback noise in the backround. This is especially apparent in between tracks or when the music is fading out.
    Anyone else have this issue?

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
  3. mcdeeee1

mcdeeee1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks cwerdna, but this is not about the Aux port. I actually had that TSB recently done for mine and it unfortunatally didn't correct the static problem. That's why I bought and installed the Grom Ipod adapter (plugs in back of Stereo for control of your ipod using the prius controls)
    Anyone else get this?

4. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    iPod? iPhone? Both? My DICE does the same thing but it seems the worst with the iPhone and often coincides with incoming calls, text, etc.

- D

5. mcdeeee1

mcdeeee1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's the iphone 4. You can definitely hear it when it's talking to the network or downloading something. But there is this background oscillating static, almost like you can hear it charging the phone battery.

6. don_chuwish

don_chuwish Well Seasoned Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If it's still there while in "Airplane Mode" meaning all radios on the iPhone are turned off, then I'd bug Grom about it, sounds like a fault.

- D