1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GROM bt3 in 2005 Prius with original radio/speakers

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by EmilyH, Feb 26, 2023.

1. EmilyH

EmilyH Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My 2005 Prius was recently damaged in an accident and I had sent it to the body shop. The car unfortunately sat about a month in a half as the parts needed arrived damaged multiple times. When I finally got my car back the radio would not work. The audio from me using the touch screen would be responsive with beeps and the car was would beep when reversing. If the radio is turned on there would not be any noise or static coming from the speakers and the same thing when a cd would be put in but I could hear the CD being read/spinning.

I have checked all the applicable fuses for the radio in both fuse boxes. I replaced them even though they were visually fine just to see if it made a difference, which it didn't. I also tried unplugging the 12v for about 10 mins and again no change. Finally I unplugged my Grom bt3 and that made my radio work. The radio will only produce any audio by the Grom Bluetooth being unplugged, if I plug it back in the radio will stop working again.

Now I cannot figure out why the bluetooth is not working. The only thing that happened was the car sitting for a while and the Bluetooth never turned on again. If I try to switch to the Bluetooth by clicking the CD button it does not change and only acts as if a CD is in. The car seems to not recognize anything being plugged in and my phone does not have the option to connect to 'GROMCAR' when it is plugged in and the car is on.

Has anyone else had this problem and any solution? Could it just be a coincidence that my car sat and the Bluetooth stopped working?

The Grom bt3 was installed soon after the car was bought in 2005 and has always worked until Jan 2023.

Any suggestions on how to fix it or if there is a better replacement option or any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

2. bbrages

bbrages Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Perhaps the GROM was damaged by the shock from the accident.