1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Ground Clearance?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Husker4theSpurs, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveholtam

steveholtam Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Same as others, I scrape the front spoiler backing off driveways on occaision and when I go to far forward in parking spaces and hit the concrete stopping block/curb thing.

2. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've not had any trouble with the Prius scraping the underside of the nose.....yet. Perhaps it is due to the experiences I've had with the Honda Prelude which is real prone to that, so I tend to be pretty cautious.

3. awithey

awithey New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My Pruis scrapes on both my home driveway and my office parking lot.

4. Smoky gray

Smoky gray New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had a 2009 Prius for four months, and both my husband and I have scraped the front of it on parking lot curbs a few times. The Toyota dealer says there are three bottom covers that protect the engine area: left, front and center. We had to have the left and center ones replaced to the tune of $250. This seems like a bad design by Toyota, and the covers are a pretty flimsy plastic. We had a Subaru Forester before this car, which had more ground clearance. So be careful in parking lots!

5. Charles73

Charles73 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

I installed spring spacers on my 2012 Prius 4. Purchased at autozone $9 per kit , 2 kits needed.
    Installed the 1 to 11/2 kit in rear and the 2 to 21/2 kit in front. This brought the car up 1 inch all around.
    It now clears my drive way. Mileage was not affected. I recorded the same gas mileage over 2 tanks after installation,
    no change. Slightly firmer feel on road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.