1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Group Buy & Commercial Advertising Posting Policy

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by Danny, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    PriusChat is a very useful tool to market your product to the thousands of visitors we have every day. However, lately the idea of "free advertising" on PriusChat has turned into an abuse of the site and a waste of bandwidth for our users.

If you are a manufacturer or vendor of a Prius or hybrid-related product, instead of traditional site advertising we would like to add your product to the PriusChat Shop! Vendors and manufacturers are NOT allowed to post their goods for sale unless those goods are available through the PriusChat Shop.

This policy is not in effect obviously for privately-owned items that can be sold or traded in the Private Sales Forum.

If you have any questions or are ready to enter into a partnership with PriusChat, please email me at [email protected] for further information.

We look forward to selling your product to the thousands of people who come to PriusChat every day!

Thank you for using PriusChat!

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Dave -

That's a great question and I'm glad it got asked. The types of Group Buys you're talking about will most likely be exempted from the charge.

I and the rest of the PC team will analyze those instances on a case by case basis.

If you have anymore questions, please let me know.

Danny

3. GreekGeek

GreekGeek New Member

Er... hi.

I'm a graduate student and very happy Prius owner. I'm using a well-known online print-your-own-designs merchant to help me sell T-shirts, bumper stickers, and other gifts (I get about 1-2 bucks per sale, but at least it helps pay for my books). Usually I specialize in ancient art, but after answering the same question for the umpteenth time at a gas station, it suddenly occurred to me that "Yes, I love my hybrid!" with a cute graphic would probably sell better than all my other stuff combined. :rolleyes:

$20 seems like a reasonable price to try and generate a little marketing for my product and help out your site. But I tried clicking on your "sponsors" link above and "online payment page," and neither one works!

So is the link broken, or am I being dense, or is the sponsorship program down right now? :unsure:

4. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GreekGeek @ May 4 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]435829[/snapback]</div>

cute shirt

5. KFERN

KFERN New Member

I would like to pay the fee. How do I go about doing this?
    Would like to know more about Silver sponcer level
    to drive more Hybrid buiss. to my dealership.

Kevin Fernquist Grossinger Toyota

6. QuoteWarz

QuoteWarz New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Danny, I don't know if you got our email, but we really want to become sponsors. We want to educate and help the prius community with their insurance needs since hybrid owners usually pay lot. If you could please contact us it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

NOLA_Akita likes this.