1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

[Group Buy] Prius Body Side Mouldings $89

Discussion in 'Sponsored Commercial Sales' started by toyotapartsnow, Dec 16, 2004.

1. pj

pj New Member

I'd like a set of the silver ones, thanks. does anyone no where i should look for a clear cover for the hood? I already got a chip from some thing!!!

2. antieau

antieau New Member

I'd love a set of salsa red moulding.

Thanks,

Lyle Antieau
    Grosse Ile, Michigan
    734 818 7334

3. tcsassoc

tcsassoc New Member

Please add me to your current group order list for a silver (1c0) set of side moldings. I'll go to your web site and place the order. I am also interested in the mud flaps to prevent stone chips along the rocker pannels.

Thayer Shafer, Sheridan, WY (307)674-4118

4. zasro1

zasro1 New Member

[font=Times New Roman:59c82d8830]

Is a group buy on Prius side mouldings still available?

I waited six months to get my car and am now counting the days to the first door ding. I am thrilled to discover that such mouldings exist!

5. adamsmom2

adamsmom2 New Member

If you are trying to see if there are enough people to buy moldings put me in for Seaside Pearl. Did not get my car yet but I would like to have moldings to protect the doors.

6. tcsassoc

tcsassoc New Member

I just got a phone call from Danny. No more group sales on side moldings. The regular price is $115. Check their website for these and all the other Prius goodies. I ordered the set anyway. If anyone finds them at a better price, I'm sure there are others who would be interested .

7. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Check eBay

I paid $110 direct....and that very night saw them on eBAy for $95. Same vendor.

8. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    It finally got warm enough last weekend for me to install the side moldings. Here are my tips:

1. put 'em on yourself; on a scale of 10, difficulty level is a 1. I washed my car first.
    2. use a soft (sewing) tape measure to measure the 13 3/4" (I think; it says in directions) up from the bottom of doors in 3-4 places -- it'll follow the contours of the car best. Make sure you're holding the tape consistently plumb...just eyeball it. Put marks on the doors with a wet-erase marker.
    3. use masking tape (I used some painter's tape I had, it comes off easier)...with a helper, stretch the tape so it's just above, not touching the marks you made. put a straight line all the way across both doors. if you did this right, you should be able to peer down the tape line from one end and see a straight line. I used a straight-edge to double-check straightness.
    4. wipe doors along the line, just above the tape, with supplied alcohol pads.
    5. the short one goes on the back door, the long one on the front door, the pointed ends point away from each other. The ones on the front doors can go almost all the way to the back edges...I left a hair for the curve. The ones on the back doors, I put just a smidgen back from the doors' front edges to ensure that they'd clear when the doors open. This method makes the molding look pretty much like a single piece on each side.
    6. I didn't use the adhesive accelerator, or whatever it was in the tubes. (if anybody wants 'em, let me know.) My car's fairly new. Just stuck the things on, about a foot at a time, with a helper to hold up the rest and keep everything lined up with the top of the tape.
    7. remove tape, wipe off marks. admire. I let my car sit overnight.

rpm

9. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    We bought them from the dealership:
    [img=left:0d72450246]http://priuschat.com/data/MetaMirrorCache/www.ocprius.com_images_sidemolding2.JPG[/IMG]

10. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i am interested also if still available.

11. ElectricBaby

ElectricBaby New Member

Please add me to the list. Driftwood pearl 4S2.

Thanks for your efforts

12. tomj9prius

tomj9prius Junior Member

I would also like to order a set of body side mouldings for the SEASIDE
    PEARL. Let me know what information you need for purchase.

13. sandersphx

sandersphx Junior Member

Count me in too if it's not too late. Driftwood Pearl...thanks!

14. gordonr

gordonr Member

I'll go for a set in Driftwood Pearl. Just took delivery of our Prius today!

15. prius23

prius23 New Member

Who is taking orders? I am interested in a black moulding for my one week Prius. Thanks.

16. clubmedic

clubmedic New Member

Is the accelerator really important? I assume it's to be applied to the car's surface... allowed to dry a few minutes???

The instructions don't even mention the accelerator, so I'm holding up installing mine (though the blue painter's tape is on the car, ready to go.. may pull it off in the morning if there's no good answers yet).