1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GS450H 2006 - Help with DIY hybrid fix

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by GTR450, Dec 21, 2022.

1. GTR450

GTR450 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello,
    I Am the owner or Lexus GS450h 2006.
    3months ago my car shows code p0a7a and every after 40km it shows p0A80.
    I did cycling on every cell of 40. 15 of them had discharge capacity lower then 5000 some of them were like 1200dchg (very low) I ordered 15cells with minimal dchg capacity 5000mah a cycle them and im at the and of the work, but cells after process had 8.6+ volts. So my questions are. Is it safe to connect all the negatives and all the positive together and balance the whole pack ? There are some cells with 8.4V some are 8.6V so is it a good idea? And also i read something about INTERNAL RES. I didnt check it. So im worried if it will work :( Can u help me someone?

2. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would discharge the modules reading 8.6V to 8.4V. Or you can discharge all of them to a similar voltage level, like 8.3 or 8.2V, then you shouldn't have issues as the ECU will try and recharge them above that to probably 8.4V. If you connect everything together now you'll get an unbalanced code which will disappear over time as the pack gets rebalanced, eventually. May result in bad fuel economy for a couple of tankfuls.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Your car isn't going to care about a minor voltage difference like that. As long as the modules are good, you'll be ok.

4. GTR450

GTR450 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you guys very much :) I ll try it and i let u know