1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Guess The Gas for a chance to win a Red Bullet

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Max Taiwan, May 8, 2019.

1. bobzchemist

bobzchemist Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks, Max.

I don't need anything else from you other than installation instructions, and I know I don't have to, but I might run some tests after I install this. Here in the heat of a Georgia summer, my short 3 mile commutes combined with the AC blasting full force usually gets me mileage in the 35-40 mpg range. Just to make sure nothing is going wrong, I occasionally do a 65mph run on the highways specifically to test my mpg, which is consistently 48-50 mpg when I do. Generally speaking, I do enough science at work to not want to do any on the weekends, but this may be interesting enough to report results after I do another highway run.

On the other hand, if anyone buys an IKA mixer, I want a commission - those things cost more than a new Prime.

ztanos and Max Taiwan like this.
  2. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    Hi you lucky guys! here is the manual for installation. I added the ECO mode disengagement for now.
    I will be running a bit with the ECO mode to try and simulate what our fellow member CSuirp has experienced. I had never switched it on after I purchased the car. Right after the fuel up today I turned it on.
    We will see if our FC numbers come together in the near future. But for now I suggest the ECO off mode after you primed the Red Bullet, since after the success of 900km+/tank and it also seems CSuirp is getting similar results as I with the adjustment.

I have yet to make a manual for the Prius Gen 3 but the instructions are very much the same, just the orientation is a bit different. Prius 1.8l has plenty of room for the installation.

Attached Files:

3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Click my fuelly... I've done it once or twice.... :)

Edit: Just went to look out of curiosity... apparently, that number is 75 times...

4. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Computer is always going to show more than the pump... it's super optimistic. :D I knew you were going to make it, I also knew it was going to be close. :)

63.98 vs 59.51 is about right for the computer to pump difference that most people see. In theory, the car knows how much it consumed at a much more accurate rate than a non-scientific method like hoping a pump is accurate.... but the fact it happens so often to everyone at almost the same rate, has me thinking that the car is on the optimistic side. Still a good reference point, though.

5. Max Taiwan

Max Taiwan Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Base
    0.5l is really close. I guess there is still another 0.5l in the system, fuel line, fuel filter....
    But yeah you can say that was close again!