1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Guilty pleasures: tell us, we won't snitch

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Oct 29, 2005.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Saw them at the Agora in Atlanta in late 70's. We were in the front and the Devo bass guy spit down onto my friend's face. My friend thought it was sooo cool. I'm dating myself, but this was same club where I saw a new band called "The Police" on my 18th birthday.

They are all still pretty active musicians / producers for the most part. Mothersbaugh did the music for Pee-Wee's Playhouse and the kids Rugrats shows.

2. babesp

babesp New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    MARSHMALLOW PEEPS !!!!!
    :D
    any color or shape EXCEPT the horrible strawberry cream ones they sell for Valentine's Day

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Yes! to go with...

Candy Corn! (Think Carl Sagan) Billions and billions of them...

...but only for a month, until Thanksgiving...

4. tleonhar

tleonhar Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ya, and lets not forget them Minnesota Gophers too! :p

5. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

MARSHMALLOW PEEPS for me too !!!!! I was so excited several years back to see them available not just for Halloween, but for every other holiday too! I especially like the giant peeps.

I-Mockery Peep Adventure

6. Spunky

Spunky New Member

Argh!!!

Monday's visit to the doc brought sad news -- she want me to lose ten pounds and bring my total cholesterol down by early December. That's the middle of the holiday season's gnoshing. Wah!

Better deal with my leftover Halloween candy (Kit Kats) first. Then I'll start some sort of diet. Sorta. Maybe. Kind of.

Halloween candy. Turkey skin. Crunchy, salty, greasy, yummy turkey skin. Yams smothered in butter. Egg nog and hot toddies. Pumkin pie. Cranberry sauce. Smooth hot mashed potatoes and thick, rich, wonderful gravy. Christmas cookies (ginger snap, shortbread, cherry and pistachio biscotti, buttery Russian teas, sugar with sprinkles, Chinese almond, etc, etc.). Homemade toffie pralines. Pecan pie. Hot-out-of-the-oven popovers. Sweet carrots cooked with mint and then coated with butter. Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Sandwiches made with leftover turkey...

Not that I'm planning to break my diet or anything.

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Oh c'mon this is lame, you people have GOT to have more darker, and ominous, confessions to make...!

:angry:

8. Sid

Sid New Member

There is a website (I forget the URL) where people have written down their "darkest" secrets and snail-mailed them in, then they're posted, looks like they're scanned.
    Some were humorous, but others were sad and distressing.

9. Mystery Squid

Oh WOW!

Thanks for the heads up!

I THINK this might be the one you're referring to:

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

I immediately did a google search after reading your post...

10. Sid

Sid New Member

Yep, that looks like the place.

11. alsgameroom

alsgameroom Member

Vinyl Carnivore and Defunt 60's garage rocker here... just tone deaf as sh*t and somebody else had a drum set!

60's Garage - Reeeeeeeeeal Rock 'n Roll!!! 60's Vinyl gave birth to ALL that was to come!

I lived it and still love it... walked 3 miles in my pre-teen years to spend my allowance on a 45 religiously each and every week!!! I still buy sell trade vinyl and
    probably will till I drop!

hear what you missed at http://home.unet.nl/kesteloo/

oh yeah...I saw Devo in 1977 Mongoloid..Boogie Boy..YEAH! (they too began playing..Reeeeeeal Rock 'n Roll!!!)

12. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

Hmmm...perhaps, but not when my screen name is MBranstein and my real name is also Mike Branstein.

13. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Monday's visit to the doc brought sad news -- she want me to lose ten pounds and bring my total cholesterol down by early December. That's the middle of the holiday season's gnoshing. Wah!

Better deal with my leftover Halloween candy (Kit Kats) first. Then I'll start some sort of diet. Sorta. Maybe. Kind of.

Halloween candy. Turkey skin. Crunchy, salty, greasy, yummy turkey skin. Yams smothered in butter. Egg nog and hot toddies. Pumkin pie. Cranberry sauce. Smooth hot mashed potatoes and thick, rich, wonderful gravy. Christmas cookies (ginger snap, shortbread, cherry and pistachio biscotti, buttery Russian teas, sugar with sprinkles, Chinese almond, etc, etc.). Homemade toffie pralines. Pecan pie. Hot-out-of-the-oven popovers. Sweet carrots cooked with mint and then coated with butter. Warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Sandwiches made with leftover turkey...

Hmmm...a hitherto unseen streak of masochism in 'ol Spunky...

Skip the skin. Skip the bread. Eat the turkey. (You can eat forkfuls of lettuce and dijon mustard with it.) Eat the cranberry sauce. Repeat.

Ten pounds in a month? Not easy, but once your revised metabolism kicks in, it comes off quickly.

Then, once you succeed, REWARD yourself, starting the week before Christmas (just as others are beginning to turn green from gorging themselves on goodies). Eat everything you want, but taking smaller bites, chewing more slowly and savoring the flavor. By New Year you'll have perhaps two pounds to shed again, while everyone else will be glazed over, 15 pounds overweight and out buying expensive exercise equipment.

It's my not-so-famous Holiday Turkey and Cranberry Sauce Diet (unpublished). You can even eat a teaspoonful of Adams Natural Peanut Butter every day for dessert or a snack.

14. lgeisz

lgeisz Junior Member

I often drop embarrassing items into others shopping carts to see their reactions at the check out

15. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mmmmm....Cape Cod White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn does it for me. There's an unopened bag in the pantry with my name all over it. I'm a junk food junkie all the way. Soda, candy, cookies, cupcakes, cake, chips, popcorn, some chocolate. Almost everything.

16. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Like what? Sorry, but I'm a bore when I'm at home.

17. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Rancid! Shocking!

Mmmm-mmmmmmm-mmmmm :p

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

OK. I've admitted to being a dope-smoking Devo fan so far, but there is one more confession I have.

I AM FASCINATED BY MYSTERY SQUID

Cephalopod, Atlantic Ocean, 20 foot arms, Indian Ocean, arms spread outward, bizarre arms which stretch forever, 10 tentacals, small headed, Brazil, fairly common in deep waters, Pacific Ocean, they are all over the place....

MYSTERY SQUID, WHO ARE YOU!?!!!

19. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Stretchy tentacles aren't the only things bizarre about this Squid. :huh:

See his myspace site for "its" small head. :blink: Also its psyche, as measured by a test (of unknown reliability). <_<

:wacko: :ph34r: :unsure:

20. Mystery Squid

[Broken External Image]:http://www.nps.gov/peri/images/Colonel Jefferson Davis.jpg

:ph34r: