1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Guilty pleasures: tell us, we won't snitch

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Jack 06, Oct 29, 2005.

1. coloradospringsprius

"Fairly common"???? According to "The Search for the Giant Squid" - a page-turner if ever I've read one - squids are, based on sheer biomass, the single most abundant animal life form on the planet!

There is also no danger of them becoming extinct, because one of the two families - ammoniac squids - is inedible. At least until we decide we like the taste of ammonia.

P.S. More on the Devo thread, I also love the Ramones, but I'm not sure I actually feel guilty about it. Nor am I sure my feelings on hearing the Ramones are exactly "pleasure."

2. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i wish my lab partner and i were lovars. sometimes i reach around to get something for the lab and steal a sniff *lovestruck*

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Jumpin' Jehosophat! :wub: :wub:

:p

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

YES!!!!

5. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

"Soooooooo, (fill in the blank) have you ever ridden in, or better yet, driven a Prius Hybrid?"

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

::sniff:: ::sniff::

7. flareak

flareak Fleet Captain

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    wanna check out the back seat? ;) ;)
    its got a LOT of legroom

8. biff_debris

biff_debris WOOF!

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'll publicly admit to watching 12 oz mouse (and loving it), but secretly, I can't wait for Thursday nights and two hours of MXC!

9. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I’ve watched the mini-series, Pride and Prejudice (the one with Jennifer Ehle and Collin Firth), numerous times! Six VHS tapes… all in a row!! My wife, daughter and I grab some popcorn and chips and make a night of it.

I also like the “Blade†movies… from one extreme to the other!

10. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My wife and I are slowly getting adicted to the Bali-wood-style movies coming out of India. The singing, the dancing, the acting (all far worse than anything Stephen Segal and Dolph Lungrin have done) are hypnotic.

Your post about Pride and Prejudice reminded me of the latest flick we saw - Bride and Prejudice. Same story, different century.

Jane Austin stories are timeless classics, so that's what made Bride and Prejudice so much fun!

11. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Funny! We watched that recently as well. Jane'd be rollin' over in her coffin!

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Feelings of fondness for George Herbert Walker Bush, the last of the True Patricians we'll see as President.

A decent Republican. He invited Dana Carvey to the White House after seeing Carvey's imitations of him on SNL.

13. fphinney

fphinney Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eak354 @ Oct 29 2005, 12:26 PM) [snapback]147217[/snapback]</div>
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You got my curiosity up. SPAM MUSUBI? I looked it up, in case it might be good.
    [​IMG]
    YEAH!...It looks kinda like shushi. EXCEPT that this thing is about 4 inches long!

14. marjflowers

marjflowers New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Nick at Nite. Although the "old" shows don't seem so old anymore. I've beeen a grownup too long! For my 40th birthday I got a surprise party with the theme "Welcome to TVLand." I got to be Queen for a Day (crown and that stick thing I cannot remember the name of). All the guests came dressed as TV characters and made an appearance in a television made out of a refrigerator box. Guests included June Cleaver, Mouseketeers, Mr. French, Sheriff Taylor, Shari Lewis and lambchop, and many more. So how cool was that? I guess I get just a little enthusiastic about TV, huh?!?

Peace --

15. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I'm about to buy my fifth vintage sewing machine.

And I decorated my house in vintage eBay. (Light fixtures, furniture, glassware)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tbstout2 @ Nov 14 2005, 01:28 PM) [snapback]155371[/snapback]</div>
    I've got the Ehle/Firth P & P on DVD. And I have the BBC one in VHS. And I have the Olivier one taped of the TV.

I like the take the DVDs and my laptop with me when I go out of town to conferences and watch it straight through in the evenings when there's nothing to do.

I also like Highlander the TV series.

16. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I too am sort of stuck in the70s & 80's, hott pants/ daisy dukes.
    I too often think about getting "down" with various MILF's driving down the street.
    I LOVE the Bee Gee's. :lol:
    I too often think about getting "down" with various MILF's at the office.
    I drink coffee all day. :unsure:
    Im a T/A/thigh guy, My women have to have a little meat on them. ;)
    Im orally fixated .. :p (sorry TMI)
    I like Turner Movie Classics. :)
    I love 70's & 80's music & the big hair. B)
    I like Radio classics on sirius Sat. Radio. :mellow:
    I like dead like me.
    I like Sara M. Gellar. (hmmm) :)
    I like Jennifer L. Hewitt.(Hmmm) :)
    I like the TV seires Dr. Who.
    I like 70's furniture & decor, but the wife wont allow it.
    You know, I thought there would be more... Im sure there is I just cant think of anymore right now..
    :ph34r:

17. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, since you asked...

I like to pour a glass of wine, set out a few crackers and some cheese, summon a cat or two, and bring out my little portable DVD player (I don't have a TV, cable, etc. at home; this is my guilty pleasure.)

Then I pop in the movie, 'Sideways,' and I'll fantasize that I'm the Maya character, getting her life back together after a divorce, pursuing another degree -- and her dreams, too -- because I am like that in some ways, I suppose. Only she makes it look LOTS more glamorous. And easy.

Plus, she gets to meet Thomas Haden-Church and Paul Giamatti, in a world where it's always magic hour.

Or, every so often, if I'm feeling naughty, I'll imagine that I'm the Stephanie character...

Uh oh, I think I'm verging on TMI.
    [smile]

18. exhuman

exhuman Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MBranstein @ Nov 14 2005, 11:47 AM) [snapback]155378[/snapback]</div>

Have you seen "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai"? One of my faves.

19. eclectcmoi

eclectcmoi Muffinologist

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm with you Pinto Girl on the cheese and crackers and wine, but my non-guilty (life is too short for guilt - unless it's something you're going to prison for!) viewing pleasure is Nip/Tuck. I love how that show pushes the envelope in so many areas.