1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gun Control is Bullshit. Watch this video

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by wiiprii, Aug 17, 2007.

1. wiiprii

wiiprii New Member

2. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wiiprii @ Aug 17 2007, 05:42 PM) [snapback]498063[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah. They have also "explained" how second hand smoke is not harmful and the Prius is just a waste of time. I do enjoy the nudity though!

They have also been inconsistent. One show named "mass hysteria" explains how foolish it is to take precautions against statistically improbable events. On the other hand they argue packing heat is necessary for protection in the, I believe unlikely, event you are attacked.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If they want to do an exposé about the biggest BS scam out there, they should do one of the Libertarian Party.

4. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can we please keep the profanity out of thread titles?! :angry:

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Aug 18 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]498334[/snapback]</div>
    It's the name of the show, not a comment by the poster. <_<

Tom

6. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stev0 @ Aug 17 2007, 09:18 PM) [snapback]498117[/snapback]</div>
    And consider that this is coming from a guy who has a Star Trek political sign as his signature...

7. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ Aug 19 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]498691[/snapback]</div>
    Doesn't matter. It has no business in the title, IMHO. I can -- and do -- choose to avoid most of what's inside FHOP to avoid garbage like this. I don't have that choice when I'm browsing all new posts.

Mods, if you're reading, let me know if I'm out of line and I'll shut up. And (regrettably) I'll keep my kids away from me when I'm browsing PC posts.

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Aug 19 2007, 03:21 PM) [snapback]498820[/snapback]</div>
    You have a choice. Simply browse the site forum by forum for new posts. This way you can avoid FHOP in its entirely and hopefully will not feel compelled to censor the site for the rest of us.

P.S. I am sure that your kids have heard to much worse language from their friends and have been exposed to it at school and elsewhere.

9. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Aug 19 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]498820[/snapback]</div>
    Wow, I never realized that browsing PriusChat was a family event at the JimboK house!

"Honey, round up the kids, I'm firing up the computer."

10. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Aug 19 2007, 06:21 PM) [snapback]498820[/snapback]</div>
    This board automatically blocks any words that the mods deem inappropriate. Sometimes it even gets silly. I was once using the term "pussyfoot", but split it into two words. The automatic software turned it into this (assuming it still works the same way): ###### foot.

It has nothing to do with female anatomy, but it was blocked regardless.

If you are worried about your kids viewing such harsh language, you are going to have to move to an island, or maybe an old missile silo. :rolleyes:

Tom

11. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimboK @ Aug 19 2007, 05:21 PM) [snapback]498820[/snapback]</div>
    What kind of harm do you imagine your children being inflicted upon by viewing the title of this thread? This is a serious question as you seem very adament about being offended by it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alric @ Aug 17 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]498066[/snapback]</div>
    First of all, there is no nudity in this video.

Second of all, they don't "argue" for anyone to carry a handgun. They argue for the second amendment which gives people

THE RIGHT to CHOOSE to carry a handgun IF THEY WANT TO.

Third, if you want to be a victim someday, go ahead and rely on the police to protect you. I feel sorry for you if you think they have your best interests at heart. Read the headlines, you'll learn they do not.

Our most basic right, to enjoy all our other rights, is the right to protect ourselves. If we lose that, we have already lost all rights.

12. JimboK

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 19 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]498825[/snapback]</div>
    Your suggestion is fine if I want to avoid FHOP altogether. That's not what I want nor what I said. I said I avoid most of what's in FHOP, but once in a while I read a FHOP thread and even post. If I do so, I accept that it's "buyer beware," and I accept whatever comes my way.

I'm not asking for censoring. I'm making a request for a wee bit of self-imposed civility, decorum, and courtesy -- something I try hard to offer other PC members, and something the vast majority of you offer in return. Besides, I don't know why you think I would censor you. I've never seen anything you've posted that comes close to needing censoring.

The issue with the kids is somewhat beside the point. Again, it's a matter of basic civility. But since several have responded to my comment about the kids, I will address it. No question that my kids hear garbage elsewhere. I can't control that. What I can control is what I teach them, through talk and example. And part of that is controlling what I expose them to. Of course I don't think harm will befall them from viewing one word. But I expect them to avoid inappropriate Web content, and I try to practice what I preach.

13. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Keeping profanity out of thread titles is a good idea I learned the hard way. When browsing at work (during break, of course), sometimes network filters won't open up a page with four-letter words in them, which means you won't be able to open up the forum at all.