1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gun owners / carriers?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TN Traveler, Nov 4, 2012.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Still lame, using a 357 or 45 could be misconstrued the same way instead of a 9mm that just stops him so he can still shoot you back, or get back up a second and third time if your not deadly accurate the first shot due to the chaos?

I know I'm preaching to the choir but it does anger me..... I feel like we live under the shadow of the mob in Chicago sometimes.... Stay off their radar or
    unless you have enough money to make your own rules in court, you get crushed by those who do.

Golden Rule "he that has the Gold, makes the rules!"

If it ever comes to chaos in the streets... Be it from government takeover or freaked out people in survival mode rioting, raping and pillaging, no chl, dealers license or anything else that represents law and order will matter.

At some point "how much is enough ammo?".
    Too much and your not mobile.
    If you hold up, they can gang upon you.

It's hard to know what can happen with desperate people.

Fact of the matter is we are all vulnerable to each other.

If you become a hoarder, and build an expensive fortress and keep enough food for years and make your own power, grow your own fish, chickens, and stock, manage your own septic, trash and water you then live like a caveman afraid to go out and vacation and just live life, you become your own prisoner and you've already been captured and don't even know it.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

2. Gun owning Prius driver

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Bingo lol you just saved me A lot of writing,

3. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    The opposition would always be able to find an "expert" that would testify that you "knowingly and with malice" loaded your ammunition so that it would be more deadly than an normal, reasonable person would load...even it it really wasn't.

4. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My argument is they could say one caliber is deadly and you should have had a lesser.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

5. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Now one gets out alive.

Luke 21:26 - men fainting for fear, and for expectation of the things which are coming on the world: for the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.

It's comforting that you don't have to sweat your scenario if'n you don't want to, go read ETC(SS) sig line for clarification.

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Agreed, as for my family, it's not like I would shoot anyone needing what i have, we would invite others to join strengths for the mutual good of the family to protect & lookout for each other.

Only those in rape and pillage mode would get shot. :oops:

Inviting others always increases the odds of bringing the enemy into the camp.

We help others, they want to join us, we get stronger, that's our nation.

It's hard to know who's the enemy and who's our friend... And like a bad dog, a friend can turn.

Sometimes the enemy gets voted in for president and the guy that was supposed to serve and help becomes dictator.

Look at Egypt.

That danger is true in all nations or families ... Even our own... :(

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

WE0H likes this.
  7. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The latest atrocious crime of gun shooting in the mall was done in an area where no guns were allowed, some guy who was unaware or disregarded the signs carried his gun inside and when he heard the shooting came to the sounds drew his weapon and the assailant saw him getting ready to shoot him only then did he commit suicide.
    If he had gotten there sooner he may have saved even more lives, and how many lives did he save by showing up?

When the bad guy has no resistance there is nothing to stop him.

As of yet I have not heard praise from anyone towards the citizen who had a pistol on him who saved so many more lives.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

WE0H likes this.
  8. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
  9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It could have been 36 or 56...He had plenty of ammo, only when he saw someone had a gun pointed at him he knew the gig was up... Only then did he kill himself..... How many more would have died?

This stuff only happens when they think they can get away with it.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

WE0H likes this.
  10. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yep but if his Mother a gun enthusiest secured the weapons from her mental ill son (She knew he was crazy) she would be alive to tell the story and 20 innosent children would be playing today.

11. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Guns have a purpose when in the hands of responsible people. When people get them that are unstable big problems can occur.

MandyTee likes this.
  12. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm still still pissed they obviously left their guns out of lock and key from the son.

We are overwhelmed with the crazy tragic loses now, at some point there should be some celebration for those we didn't have to lose from someone with balls running "towards" the gunman rather than away knowing there may be something he could do to help.

I've had enough of this country acting like victims, when we have the power to deter..

Where would we be as a country without our power to deter through force?
    Force means there is no other option or consideration that will work.

What about our communities... We have all but nurtured the police with their guns rendered useless for fear of public criticism for using them.

You can't always negotiate until the bulk of the damage is already done.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

13. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Good point. I do not own a Gun and my parents did not own guns, my Grand Parents did not own guns. My children are gun free. We never meet a violent interaction. If you own a liquor store in a crazy neighborhood I'm guessing the chances of having a gun pointed at you is more likely than some suburban family in a upper income community. If you are a peace officer by all menas have a gun. Other countries do not have near the violence we have in our society. Not sure what is the problem is with America. The second ammendment was created before automatic weapons can shoot bullets out faster than you can blink. It was also created when the West was not tamed and guns were needed. Today it is a little different but also you have crazy gang kids with Saturday Night Specials and desperate people robbing businesses. I think guns should be legal but we need to keep them out of the hands of people who are dangerous. We can start with a background check anytime you buy a gun like gun shows, and you need a psychologist to check you out, and ban the High Capacity Clips and Guns we just don't need that capacity to hunt deer, and if there is someone in your family that is mentaly unstable for Petes Sake secure the weapons or hand them to the Police as a precaution. Senator Feinstein in Meet The Press said legislation will be forthcoming in January.

14. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Check out this sweet shot from the range today. After playing with my 1911 and Glock 22, rented a .357 wheel gun to dispatch a zombie.

Attached Files:

WE0H likes this.
  15. JMD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Unwatching Thread.

16. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well jmd, I have no issues with accountability
    .... Lots are afraid of the government knowing exactly what they have and own... I'm not that paranoid yet, but I do see nothing wrong with background check..... Of course that renders many who have had issues with the law defenseless.

Not everyone lives in nice areas and even those that do often have to travel into precarious areas when working.

Point is.... We shouldn't have to be a afraid to travel abroad on our country... The police are not everywhere...

The wild west had a balance.... Until crooked politicians perverted justice.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

17. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Interesting.....
    I was cruising through PC and what do you suppose was (and is) being advertised in the banner above this thread????

That's right.
    Cabela's: Men's Shooting Clothing

Kinda reminds me of seeing all those Camaro ads while I read somebody whining and moaning about excessive fossil fuel use.

18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Back to subject.... A little fire show from my. 460 Smith & Wesson... You can't shoot it once without walking away with a big fat grin!

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

Trebuchet and WE0H like this.
  19. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So then shoot 22 magnum. That round is very fast and will penetrate well. It's a small caliber to suit the lesser is better folks :)

Mike

20. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There was some dirtbag that was pistol whipping a grandma in a parking lot north side of Minneapolis a year or so ago. A fellow with his CCW happened along and the dirtbag pointed his pistol at him, CCW guy popped some lead in the dirtbag and laid him out on the pavement. End of story, no charges filed. Grandma survived, CCW guy got praise, dirtbag now worm bait.

Mike :)