1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gun owners / carriers?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TN Traveler, Nov 4, 2012.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Nice! Justice was done... No thousands of dollars with dirt bag trying to sue.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

WE0H likes this.
  2. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    My. 460 is my rifle replacement... Sighted on at 200 yards with a Leopold 3x9 scope mounted.
    Like hiking instead of carrying a big stick.
    I have a big holster for it.

I usually hunt the woods rather than open plains.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

WE0H likes this.
  3. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Is that you Alan? Saweet video :)

Mike

4. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Exactly. Tax dollars saved in my opinion.

Mike

5. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I like that one video, a real man's gun :D

Mike

6. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Easy to shoot too! You'd be surprised considering the bullet Size.

My 45 has 7 gr of powder, my, 460 has 51.6 gr!
    Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

7. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow so cool. Wish I lived closer.

Mike

8. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Seven grains for a .45 ACP? Must be using Clay's or something similar. I use 26.2 grains of H335 for my M4orgery about half of what the .460 takes. LoL!

Hey guys don't forget the Sandy Point principal, a woman, went at the gun man unarmed. Don't get between a woman and kids if you're a threat, they do crazy, unbelievably brave things. I wonder what she would have done to him had she gotten the gun away?

9. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I'm using C.O.L. 1.215 & 7.0gr autocomp powder"

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

10. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    But to be fair, it's different for the. 460
    H110 powder .... 51.5 gr. = 2200 fps

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

11. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Damn that's fast [​IMG]

Mike

12. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's rated 2330 fps w/200 gr bullet
    Product: Model 460XVR™

I chose 200 yards because you virtually have shots from 0 to 300 yards!

Hornady 200 gr FTX ".452" statistics stated muzzle velocity of 2,200 feet per second.
    The bullet sighted in at 150 yards will be 1.9" high at 50 yards would be 2.4" high at 100 yards, dead point of aim at 150 yards and 6.3" low at 200 yards.

The bullet sighted in at 200 yards will be 3.1" high at 50 yards would be 5.3" high at 100 yards, will be 4.6" high at 150 yards and dead point of aim at 200 yards, and 9.6" low at 250 yards, and 25.4" low at 300 yards.

If you want a game changer, go to the "Extender". It screws on and turns your 8 3/4' barrel to a 14" barrel and 2800 gps!

SMITH and WESSON Model 460XVR Performance Center .460 Smith and Wesson 14 Inch Fluted Stainless Steel Barrel Glassbead Finish Picatinny Style Rail Synthetic Black Grips Includes Bipod And PC Gun Rug - Only $1,203.43 - Free Shipping, No Tax! Smith & Wesson 170339

At some point imo you have a rifle again and toooooo long to draw out of a holster! But great for competition.

It likes certain bullets... Could be why you see so many returns at Cabelas gun library.

I shot a ace winchester 300 gr and couldn't hit anything, then put my 200 gr back in and proceeded to take out a quarter coin at 100 yards! "scope and bench rest".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

13. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The perfect Hog gun for humping through the brush.

Just put together a 300 Blackout for Hogs but in California finding a place to hunt is neigh on impossible and Hogs don't hang out on public land, for long.

14. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My opinion is that there should be an armed guard at every school. These psycho cowards are looking for soft targets. I think a guard would prevent most of these school shootings and would cause less children to be hurt if a psycho coward does go to a school. IMO a guard is cheap enough insurance to protect children.

15. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Not that I have a need, but this pistol shoots 45 colt & 454 casull out of the same setup.

When I bought my scope had Cabelas mount it... It came loose on the third shot!
    I took it an old guy who is the Smith and Wesson rep in our area "2 hour drive", and he put ever so slightly bigger screws & Epoxied on mount and lower ring screws with JB weld..... LOL!

To remove: heat 10 seconds with propane torch, will condensate, wait 10 more seconds and epoxy should be free. Alcohol for quick cleanup.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

16. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Family pics.... LOL!

My lovely wife's split personality!
    [​IMG]

Teaching grandma how to shoot!
    [​IMG]

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

WE0H likes this.
  17. Trebuchet

Trebuchet Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Agreed some already do (DARE program) but I think there should be more than one on some of the larger campuses. Either that or arm and train several of the employees. A vast majority, 85%, of all mass shooting occur in "Gun Free Zones" lets get rid of those and start enforcing the laws we already have on the books.

WE0H likes this.
  18. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    As much money as schools spend, guards are cheap.
    Not sure just one would work.... But it's a major improvement.... No deterrant at all is ludicrous.

The guard needs to have a nice big gun holstered for all to see..... Hopefully he will never have to use it then.

Maybe one at every entrance, but if we start searching persons that opens up a whole nother bag of worms.

But kids are cruel, there will always be bullies, clicks, classes, & peer pressure of some type.

I remember it was so good to get into the professional world where that is not accepted openly.

Schools are so afraid of some over protective parents sueing they do nothing instead.

More counselors would help too.
    Parents are clueless "sorry but they are, they can't or won't see the devil in sweet little Johnny or Susie working"

Kids are at a time of hormonal flux. They are morphing from mommy's little precious and daddy's little girl to having to assimilate into society without the wing of mother hen protecting them.

Very few father figures and when they do have them, it's often resented as their struggle to be independent and free from the nest while still very clueless about the world and their own feelings resist any authority figures.

Many complicated issues, and immature brains to deal with them.

Yes. Counselors would be a plus.... But when all that fails and slips beneath the radar, someone needs to be able to protect.

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

19. windstrings

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    That whole concept blows away people that have never had to deal with bullies, gangs, mobsters, pimps, and all the other overlords out there.

It's the same struggle we have dealing with terrorist... Out of one side of our mouth we say "we don't deal with terrorist", while out if the other we say "what is it that you need to quit launching those rockets into civilians?"

We have people with no military history ruling the military. "secretary of state, and commander in chief"

It's the same here at home.... People with no sense of how to deal with murderers, telling the police officers what they can and can't do.

Now whether here or abroad, it's never about what's right & wrong anymore, but only what's politically correct.....

How many bengazi scenarios do we see in our streets, malls and schools now?

Alan...
    Sent with Tapatalk 2

20. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The only reliable way to stop a bad person with a gun.....is with a good person with a gun.
    If that means Sky Marshals and School Marshals?
    No problem here.

All guns are already 100-percent banned...in schools.
    You can't even bring a plastical, orange barreled weapon into a school without being arrested.
    Heck...even SAYING the "G-word" within 1000’ of a school will throw some CPS workers into a state of apoplexy.

If you always do what you always did....you'll always get what you always got.
    Brady-1.0 didn't stop Columbine.
    Brady 2.0 won't stop the next school shooting.
    An armed LEO probably will not stop all school shootings either.
    However (comma!) it will drastically lower the body count, and that will have to do until we start to get a handle on the real problemS in this country.
    By the way.....here's my take. (current street value: <$0.02) those problems aren't GOD being in or out of schools....or video games....or movies.........or absentee parents, or hip hop music.
    We have a mental illness problem that's being exacerbated by a history of abuses and a well intentioned but daffy emphasis on NOT detaining and treating folks who just shouldn't be walking around loose....and to be honest even if we committed Moon Mission funding to finding and treating these folks, you're still going to need the School Marshals because as long as there have been people, there have been individuals whose cookies got juuuuuuuust a little bit too brown when they were in the oven.
    We also have a problem in this country of trying to solve very complex problems with very simple, over-the-counter, pill form solutions....and that even applies to the aforementioned mental illness.
    Most of all however (no comma needed) we have a huge problem in this country with mirrors....meaning people need to look at a mirror and say..."I guess that's on me..."
    In other words we need to attain and maintain a little more INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY.
    Bed-wetting liberals tend to be somewhat angry control freaks who are especially fond of simple, ineffective solutions that salve their consciences and direct blame towards the collective.
    Kids overweight? BAN *#!@& Soft drinks!!!! :(
    AGW? BAN *#!@& SUV's!!! :(
    Problem with higher authority? BAN *#!@& religion!!! :(
    Uncomfortable with multiple points of view? BAN *#!@& Talk Radio!!! :(
    School Shootings? BAN *#!@& GUNS!!! :(

:rolleyes:

So?
    Here we go again.
    I've been looking for an excuse to buy a few more weapons.
    Now? I guess I'd better move that up a little closer to the front burner. :)

WE0H likes this.