1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gun sales "explode" in Oregon

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cyberpriusII, Mar 16, 2020.

1. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Imagine the states where there's no waiting period.
    Shelves are emptying out....

2. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Went to Cabela's, yesterday. It was a madhouse. There was a roped line in front of the handgun counter like at a popular ride at Disneyland.

The regular ammo shelves were empty. The few remaining boxes of ammo were place on a multi-level cart in the middle of the aisle.

It took a major effort to avoid keeping out of contact with other people. I grabbed a few items and checked out quickly.

The checkout clerk was wearing blue rubber gloves. Unfortunately, I saw her touch her face.

After opening the car door on my Prius with my left pinky, I immediately wiped my hands with a paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol.

3. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    People are ridiculous...

I've not seen any "mad rush on firearms" like what others are posting, but I did see a woman act like a 5 year old at Kroger. Apparently she was trying to buy more than 3 gallons of milk. Those are the people who may be purchasing firearms that worry me. They are the types that you see in the zombie movies acting all pleasant, then turn around and kill you for your supplies. I'd add an "lol" here, but it's true.

But yeah, plenty of Ammo and firearms around here.

As for the virus causing all this, maybe a glimmer of hope here. My uncle who was one of the first confirmed cases in my state to have contracted it is now off quarantine and doing fine. According to my other who spoke to him, he stated having the virus was no different than having a cold. Had he not gotten any "tingling" in his fingers and toes he told my mother he'd have never went to get checked in the first place.

jerrymildred likes this.
  4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    For many, it will be no different than a cold. Others will be hit worse. Some will end up with reduced lung capacity after. Then more will die from it than what we see with the season flu. All of this is made worse than the flu by how long the infected shed the virus without symptoms. Not having effective treatments or vaccines compounds this.

5. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    People often forget that even in Italy...99 percent of the population does NOT have this bug (current WHO figured are 889/1M) and of those who DO get it....over 90-percent survive.

6. noonm

noonm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    True, but you really don't want to be among the unlucky ones who get a serious enough case to require hospitalization.

Warning, not a fun read:
    A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients — ProPublica

If you want the highlight:
    And while the "young" (i.e. those under 55) are typically spared death, they still can and do get sick enough to require hospitalization.

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ya mean before it was shut down due to Hysteria?

true - as many between the ages of 5 & 55 can have imune deficiencies & respiratory issues & whatever - which just compound the condition, just like it does with the flu. Conversely, there are some in their late 60s & beyond that still train & run 10K's or Marathon's. Their chances are exceedingly higher for a speedy recovery.

#87 hill, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    jerrymildred likes this.
  8. ETC(SS)

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The bug can kill me.....but it CAN'T scare me. ;)

9. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    If worrying and getting scare is a defense or a cure should one get sick with the virus, I'd be worrying.

Otherwise, I be doing that which is necessary to avoid getting infected..

jerrymildred likes this.
  10. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Worry is like a rocking chair. It might keep you occupied, but it won't get you anywhere.

Trollbait and Mendel Leisk like this.