1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GUNS: Can one of my fellow conservatives please explain...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TimBikes, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Aug 17 2007, 01:09 AM) [snapback]497667[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, this "might makes right" attitude is at the root of the erosion of our civil liberties.

2. Swanny1172

Swanny1172 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Aug 20 2007, 02:40 PM) [snapback]499242[/snapback]</div>
    So you obviously don't think it is important to be able to defend yourself against unjust tyranny? At what point will you say enough is enough?

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I *am* saying enough is enough...but don't think widespread carriage of firearms is the answer.

The tyranny we're experiencing has *nothing* to do with weaponry and shooting and bullets. Consequently, and armed populace will be all but useless to defend against it.

The tyranny we're experiencing is fear based, and marketing and communications driven. It's orchestrated by people with far more connections and influence than most of us have, and it's cloaked in guises which might surprise us. It's also becoming extremely sophisticated.

It's far more amorphous than a burglar trying to force open your kitchen window, or the military openly oppressing the citizens with direct force.

I believe, and I may likely be accused of paranoia, *that it is our ability to think freely for ourselves* which is being compromised.

The end result: no one will recognize when it's time to shoot, and few will want to in any case.

4. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Aug 20 2007, 11:40 AM) [snapback]499242[/snapback]</div>
    Blaming the liberals, there you go again. <_<

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I search for causes, rather than seek to assign blame.