1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Habanero?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by ewaboy, Feb 29, 2012.

1. ewaboy

ewaboy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Summer Rain feminine? Still like it

None taken. I like the Summer Rain - if I ever get it. After I ordered the SR - I told my wife I actually wanted yellow but they weren't importing it. Then I showed her the Habanero and she said I was nuts.:p The Habanero is a strange color - looks great under some lighting conditions but horrible in others.

Her Honda Fit Sport - old one - is a darker blue - looks almost identical to the Blue Streak Metallic. She actually prefers a lighter blue but that was the only color they had at the time.

Then again - the Habanero seems to be the slowest seller....might be another still available.

TatumRob likes this.
  2. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey, I think the color rules are different in tropical locations. Light and breezy colors rule. Guys can wear pastel shirts. Black cars on islands just look ugly and incredibly hot.

3. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Which is why manufacturers offer cars in different colors. There are no right and wrongs... only preferences.

There are many in Hawaii who love black cars... I'm just not one of them. :cool:

4. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes, I agree, except I favor bright colors in small cars for better visibility and safety. For the Prius c, this means Absolutely Red, Habanero, Summer Rain, Blue Streak, Moonglow, and Super White. Black is OK, but it can be hard to see against a blacktop road or in shadows. I try to avoid silver, gray, and plain blue. My gray '97 Camry was hit multiple times, even parked. Nobody saw it. I often used the headlights as DRL.

It's true that bright colors can attract more traffic tickets, but hybrid drivers shouldn't speed very often. Besides, I'd rather deal with the aftermath of a speeding ticket than a dangerous, metal-bending accident.

5. MICT

MICT New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    can you say orange flavored tictac?
    i had a chance to get orange, but ended up with red, which I'm way more happy with. I would have taken the tictac if they gave me a discount off the MSRP :)

6. siouxnami

siouxnami New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Just got my Habanero, and wow it does stick out. It is a fun color are really the only out there color you can get any prius in. I like it, I have had a number of comments, some good some not. It sure is easy to find in a parking lot! If you want to blend in, this color is not for you.

7. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations, I agree Habanero is a fun color! I was too harsh earlier when I said I had mixed feelings about the color. The Habanero Prius c that I saw on the highway really did look like a rolling party. It's an outgoing color and it will attract a lot of attention.

8. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Stick with your first choice. The Habenero is a copper color and it's not metallic. Was sitting next to a Scion two seater that was copper metallic and the C Habenero was dull in comparison.

Stick with the color you really want.

1 person likes this.
  9. Erikon

Erikon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Kind of surprised they aren't using metallic paint on the C, is it just the red and habanero that's plain, or are none of the colors metallic?

10. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Super White is another solid, non metallic paint. The rest are metallic.

11. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible Chance favors the prepared mind.

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Habanero is a metallic color. That's what I am currently awaiting. The one I was looking at in the dealer parking lot had tiny little sparkles of BRIGHT orange glittering in the bright sunlight. The metallic is not extremely obvious, but it's there. And it does look kinda plain when the clouds go over.

12. BruceInOKC

BruceInOKC Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Now that I think about it, I suppose EVERY metallic paint color will lose its shine when removed from direct sunlight. Not just Habanero. My bright blue Civic does it, too. Overcast conditions are why modern cars have DRL, headlights, and parking lights.

13. marygreenthumb

marygreenthumb New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A

I, too, came to the dealership wanting
    Summer Rain. I had seen Habanero in many
    of the "C" Review articles. I had the salesman take the Habanero "C" from a covered garage
    storage area to a spot in the outside sun
    so I could truly see the color. I loved it, and
    that's how I chose the Habanero. Three Weeks
    later I feel the same way.

Reasons for Your Getting the Habanero Color:

1. Who cares how it looks at night. It's the
    daytime that matters.

2. We need to explore our inner child, stop
    choosing conservative colors, and get warm
    colors that touch our heart.

3. Everyone who has seen my "C" loves the
    Habanero color.

4. White, black, silver colors all spell BORING!

5. I observed both Summer Rain and Habanero "C's" in the dealership's covered car storage
    area. The Habanero color looked better, in my
    opinion, than the Summer Rain in the highly shaded area.

6. Spend more time looking at the Habanero
    car color closeup, at a distance, and in comparison with nearby colors on cars. Some
    things don't sink in right away, and I bet with
    a few days of intense observations and thinking, you'll like the Habanero color better.:rolleyes:

14. TytaniumK

TytaniumK New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello Everyone,

This is my very 1st post this [Prius C] forum, so bare with me. I am wanting a Prius C mostly for Great MPG. Need to get rid of my beloved 2004 Dodge RAM Rumble Bee ~ a thing of beauty, but a total gas whore! Lucky to get 18-mpg, so if Prius C gets anywhere close to what it boasts (46-to-53-avg-50), I gotta just Do It, as Nike says! I am wavering between Absolutely Red and Habanero. Have read everyone's posts in this thread so don't know what I have to offer--yet. Dealer I am working with [totally honest but 600+ miles away] is having trouble getting allocations w/THREEs and FOURs--but I will wait for the Fat Lady to sing before going elsewhere as his offer on my RAM is $2,500 more than any closer dealer--hence I wait. I guess my question would be to those who own a FOUR or a THREE. I know what the diffs are, but is it worth waiting 6-mos on a FOUR if a THREE becomes available sooner? We currently own [5] RED Vehicles, so the Habanero would certainly be a departure from our stable. Anyhoo, whatchaz all think? TIA,
    Ty-K;):cool:

15. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just had to comment on this font. Done.

16. awestover89

awestover89 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm leaning towards Blue Streak as my top choice, with Summer Rain and Habanero in second and third respectively, but this is just from pictures, have yet to see any color in real life

17. russelljackson

russelljackson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    welcome to the forum! That's personal choice... but I wouldn't wait six months for the 4, if a 3 were available sooner. The seats and the fog lamps weren't worth if to me. I went with the red 3, but I did get the alloy wheels. You'll be happy either way, especially coming from a gas guzzler, I know, I'm coming from a 12MPG SUV. We have a couple of summer trips coming up, and I really wanted to get the c before then.

1 person likes this.
  18. TytaniumK

TytaniumK New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I hear ya' russelljackson,

Been thinking the same--do I wanna wait 6+ months for 16" wheels 'N' tires & the softex interior--or--do I wanna start saving gas a whole lot sooner?? Thanks again,

Ty-K
    PS: Did you also get the moonroof? I "think" I'd like to have it too~

19. orenji

orenji Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looks like they put PriusV wheels on this car, but they are 4 lug wheels, anyone seen these?

20. Priusgtr

Priusgtr New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I agree... So interesting... You have good eyes