1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hack '06 SERVICE SCREENS (w/pics)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by marcdare, May 30, 2006.

1. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ggood @ Jun 6 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]266962[/snapback]</div>
    The photos on the Club Lexus page link you provide are of the style of navigation system present in the 2004-2005 Prius. The 2006 Prius navigation system is different.

I have not seen a HyCam navigation system in person yet to compare to the '06 Prius. Do you have a link to the discussion now occurring at Camrychat?

Thanks,
    Bob R.

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 6 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]266976[/snapback]</div>
    Here's the LINK

That's what I thought. But I know the Nav system on the Hycam is definitely different from what I had on my 2004 Prius. I can't try this for myself, since my wife took the car on a trip. I would have expected the Hycam's system to be the same as the 2006 Prius.

3. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

First Post, I've been reading along. I think I found a new screen. On the "Product Diagnostics Menu" there are eighteen buttons; however the bottom right button "Data Logging" won't work. However if you press and hold the bottom left of the screen for 150 to 20 seconds the "Data logging Selection" screen pops up. It has four buttons "Back,"(top right) "Voice Recognition,"(center) "NAVI,"(center-below voice recognition button) and "Selection Release" (lower right). I was able to press "Voice Recognition" and the background of the button turned from black to blue, then I pressed "Selection Release" and the button background turned back to black. Then I pressed "NAVI" and it changed to blue and finally I pressed "Selection Release" and all went back to normal. There is nothing wrong with my navigation system or my car.

My conclusion is that it is some kind of recorder and that would mean that there should be other screens that would let you see what you have recorded. In other words there should be more screens there that we still have not seen. Good news! Now let’s find that override button.

I would suggest trying to press on other screens using the 15 to 30 second system in other blank spots to see what you can find. For now I have to get back to work. I’ll play more with my Prius later. Please post when you find it.

Thank you,
    [attachmentid=3726][attachmentid=3727]

Ok 14 buttons.

4. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

FYI, I just tested the procedure shown at the Lexus forum (the one that supposedly works in the new Camry hybrid), and could not get it to produce any hidden screens on my 2006 Prius.

I'd like to see someone with a Camry Hybrid post pics of this working in the Camry, especially pics that show whether the Camry nav system is more like the 2006 Prius or more like the 2004-2005 Prius.

- Bob R.

5. marcdare

marcdare New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Jun 7 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]267404[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Jun 7 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]267404[/snapback]</div>

6. drmanny3

drmanny3 Member

OK, perhaps this will help. I downloaded from the Toyota Web site information on the 2006 Nav. It is pretty much what we already have, though it goes into more detail. I recall that someone said on one of these forums that Toyota was going to update the file on their web page as they did not have instructions for nav defeat. That might be wishful thinking, however it might be worth someone going online to see if there are any recent changes or additions. Please find enclosed 27 pages in a pdf file.

Manny

7. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drmanny3 @ Jun 8 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]268275[/snapback]</div>
    drmanny3 -

You may find that the moderators will remove your file attachment. The Toyota tech web site is pretty serious about copyright enforcement and this site tends to honor it.

Nevertheless, while the file is up, I had a look at it. I didn't see any screens in there that I haven't tried playing with before, but it may be helpful for others to try and poke around in those menus.

For those playing along at home with your own legit copies of the documentation, the pages in the PDF are NS-21 through NS-53.

- Bob R.

8. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobr1 @ Jun 8 2006, 03:10 PM) [snapback]268287[/snapback]</div>
    Basically, useless to our cause.

Don't we need NS-147* or something?
    I recall reading (in another part of this document) a troubleshooting section.
    One of the items was "If NAV functions even while vehicle is in motion" with a solution on page NS-147.
    :shrug: I didn't have that page so I never got to find out.

*: I don't know if it was actually page 147. It probably wasn't. I can't really remember as I got discouraged when I discovered I didn't have that page.

9. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Found it on bottom of page NS-43

BUT my NS-140 page is nothing! :angry: BAD TOYOTA!

I found the speed signal circuit on NS-143 and NS-145 but they are of no help. Basically if you want to disable NAV cut the wire. <_<

10. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

I found the speed signal circuit on NS-143 and NS-145 but they are of no help. Basically if you want to disable NAV cut the wire. <_<
    [/quote]

What?!? That is the answer!!! Let me know where it is and I can put a switch on my dash. My wife and I are always joking because on road trips we ask the car for something like "Nearest Restaurant" McDonalds?? Ok car how about the "Next to nearest"?

Now she can go down the list and see what other places are just a little further away. She can tell me "McDonalds is closest, and Ruth's Chris Steak House is only one mile further away". Now we can have steak or ...

What would you chose?

Could you please let me know where the wire is and I can tap into it.

Thank you.

11. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Jun 9 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]268627[/snapback]</div>
    It's very easy to do. I have a 2005 so I didn't have to cut that wire, but I did for the BT.

Under the A/C vent cover to the right of the MFD is two purple wires. The upper one is the NAV speed sensor wire and the lower is the BT speed sensor wire. You cut them and add a switch on each. Some have installed a magnetic switch and used a magnet (duh) to operate it. You leave the switches in the ON position for normal driving and move them to OFF to enter data. When the NAV wire is switched off, you also have access to the Calendar and the INFO button on any POIs (whether in the database or the ones you put in). If you press the INFO button, you can dial the phone number there. When the BT is switched off you'll also have access to the MSG button on the radio, but you'll lose data for the Consumption screen while it's off as it thinks you're parked.

You have to remove the lower glove box and the A/C cover vent. Here's the instructions on how to do that. Next you cut the wires. Take a look here to see where they are (scroll down to the bottom).

12. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Jun 9 2006, 09:08 AM) [snapback]268627[/snapback]</div>
    Hi... Yes, that is _an_ answer, but it is one that has been known for some time.

What we are looking for is a _software_ override to the nav lockouts. This "backdoor" approach was discovered for the 2004-2005 model year NAV system, but does not work on the 2006 Prius system. The wire cutting (actually wire switching) approach has been proven to work in 2006, but some of us want to toy with the software override.

- Bob R.

13. mjk303

mjk303 New Member

Anyone found this screen??.. Push DISPLAY and then instead of Upperleft, Downleft,Upperleft, Downleft,Upperleft, Downleft try Upperleft, Upperright, Upperleft, Upperright, Upperleft, Upperright.

Anyways.. I looked around in the software, and can say that there is no menu option called 'OVERRIDE' in the VGA-release (2006), I could find it in the old EGA one (<2005).. So either it just is not in there or is it called something else.. I did show a 'Pulse ON OFF HI LO'.. maybe that's the one? I remember correctly if the pulses go above a certain number (21?) the lockout starts.. And does any know what "Senkyoku Tyu !!! ########## Rendou Return !!!! ########### Teikyou Nichiji " means? ;)

Here are menu items i could find:

====================================================================

There are no rest of memories. Use it after erasing memory.
    FRQ CHG Senkyoku Tyu !!! ########## Rendou Return !!!! ########### Teikyou Nichiji 9 9 / 7 E 9 9 / 7 E 9 9 / 7 E
    Over 10000km km Over 6250mi mi Over 100hr 000 hr 00 min LIST UP!!! LIST DOWN!!!
    9 9 E 7 E 9 9 / 7 E 9 9 / 7 E E E E E Eh
    ***** !! MAINTENANCE !!************ ***** !! CALENDAR !!************ ###### LANG LANG ##### ***** !! AUDIO-DIAG !!************
    Input Address Back Memory dump Back Before Next Delete memory? Yes No
    Memory delete completion. Back
    Memory dump Program clear GPS Info. Input signal CD-ROM Remote-control Monitor ECU Distance Memory clear System reset Debug Menu Back Delete program? Yes No
    Reset system? Yes No
    System reset completion. Back
    Now making! Back Back
    APL: BOOT:
    This is dummy function.
    Back up tool check in progress No DVD. Please insert map DVD. Unable to read data. Check if map DVD is correct. *** DIAG MEM malloc ***********
    Unable to paste memory DVC_cderrcnt-START!!!!!!!!!!!!!! diagdiskclrcmd_proc-START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Navi Color Bar Check Navi Menu Disc Information Navi Menu Clear
    GPS Information Navi Menu Edit Edit GPS Information Back OK 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Enter 0 BS Y M D H S
    Error List Navi Menu Before Next Input Back OK 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 BS 0 . Location Information Navi Menu
    Learning Distance Speed Level Pulse ON OFF HI LO Navigation Check EU Navigation Check US Navigation Check
    ME Navigation Check Menu Yes No
    GPS Information Vehicle Sensors Color Bar Check Memory Copy/Paste Parts Information Microphone Check RDS-TMC Information
    Disc Information Location Information Error List

Vehicle Sensors Navi Menu Reset
    OVER ERROR No Elv Azm LVL STS Measurement
    status: 3D 2D NG D-2D D-3D 0000/00/00 00:00:00 Date(GMT): Latitude: Longitude: error 0000 --- -- / -- T P -
    00.0 MHz --.- MHz SI 4 00:00
    (9999 999 9.999 %d.%03d %3d.%d OFF ON 999 00/00 00:00:00 Disc Version Information Disc Read Error Count: 9999
    Need to confirm if the set color matches the display color PNavi Information Disc Information AISIN AW Microphone input level judging
    H: . MHz : ---.-- MHz 00/00/00 00:00:00 : %s : --/--/---- --:--:-- : %X : -- N R U
    Vehicle Signal REV SPD Pulse Count Speed Sensor Signal Gyro Voltage Relative bearing Pulses mph km/h V degrees Black Red Green Blue White
    Give follwing words after touch the "Start" switch.
    -words- "Current position" "Repeat Guidance" "Map Direction" "Replay the last speech word" "Volume level"
    Large Right Small Frequency Date PI Code PS Name Provider MGS NUM:%x _/_/_/_/_/ Memory paste in progress
    Memory copy in progress
    ** DIAGMEM EVENT GET ****** ****** DIAGMEM ME_free attr = %d ******* Back up tool not found
    Copy complete Unable to copy memory No memory in back up tool System software version not compatible
    Do you continue ? Paste complete Unable to paste memory Memory Copy/Paste Navi Menu
    Copy memory into back up tool Paste back up tool memory into vehicle
    *** DIAGMEM DMY num = %d *** Parts Information Navi Menu
    Microphone Check Navi Menu Replay Start RDS-TMC Information Navi Menu
    CODE SUBCODE Code CLR LAN Check Mode Service Color Bar Check Disp. Menu
    Please check to see that each color name is corresponding to each color on the bar % $ Black Red Green Blue White Stripe
    Display Check Menu
    Color Bar Check Touch Switch Check Panel Switch Check Vehicle Signal Check System Check Mode Menu LAN Mon Code CLR Memory CLR Recheck
    Diagnosis Check I Next page LAN Monitor BACK Diagnosis Menu
    System Check Menu Display Check Navigation Check Camera Check
    Code CLR Unit Check Mode Service Current Memory Occuped Date/Time Panel Switch Check Disp. Menu
    OFF ON 999km/h km/h
    EU US ME Push Switch Check SW Name is being pushed. At a push of SW beep sounds. Rotary Switch Check The SW is being turned
    PKB REV SPEED TAIL Country
    EMV ACX 1DIN TV AVN G-BOOK NAVI MONET AUDIO H/U CAMERA-C
    Rr-TV Rr-CONT TV-TUNER2 PANEL G/W FM-M-LCD CONT-SW BODY RADIO TUNER
    XM SIRIUS TV-TUNER CD-CH2 DVD-CH CAMERA CD-CH1 MD-CH TEL DSP-AMP ETC\
    MAYDAY OK EXCH NRES NCON CHEK Old NG DEL GPSNG NoErr 00/00/00 00:00:00
    VOL TUNE clockwise counterclockwise stopped
    F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 F7 F8 LEFT RIGHT BOTTOM TOP T RIGHT T LEFT B RIGHT B LEFT ENTER DISC TAPE INFO FM Multi AM/FM FM AM PWR EQ DSP SOUND DISPLAY
    SEEK UP SEEK DOWN MAP/VOICE TV MULTIPLE DISP WIDE TILT OPEN CD-EJECT MD-EJECT MENU ZOOM IN ZOOM OUT TRAFFIC INFO DVD-EJECT VOL DOWN
    VOL UP ADIAG DEST AUDIO AUDIO MENU TA Touch Switch Check Menu Vehicle Signal Check Disp. Menu Diagnosis Check II Back
    Audio Diag Menu End
    Touch SW Adjust Radio Adjust RGB Adjust Touch SW Check Soft Version Info. Memory Clear Radio Adjust AM FM
    Back LOCAL DX SEP Up Down Set RGB Adjust Menu Back
    BRIGHT R-SUB B-SUB RGB AMP COM AMP COM DC GAMMA0 GAMMA2 BRIGHT GAMMA2 COM AMP R-SUB B-SUB RGB AMP COM DC GAMMA0
    Up Down Back Change Set Back Back Soft Version Info. Back %2x CAL OK CAL NG
    NAVI Ver. AUDIO MAIN Ver. SUB Ver. DSP Setup Value DX LO SEP
    Testunit ####[TIME OVER 60s!!(%d ms)]#### Search still Search_play Play cd_eject cd_loading Subq cd_volset cd_volget stop_time
    Play_mode initial Request_mode [disc_read]Address Error %x, %x, %x <<mcd_read> Warning SRAM read a=%x ********
    <<mcd_read> Warning miss_align = %d ******** C RDS Com API START C

===================================================================
    I'll check tomorrow if I can find anymore..

Mhh.. and what about this? Is there an voice recognition test or is it something else???

Give follwing words after touch the "Start" switch.
    -words- "Current position" "Repeat Guidance" "Map Direction" "Replay the last speech word" "Volume level"

Can anyone try it?

14. PriusDad

PriusDad New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjk303 @ Jun 12 2006, 01:35 PM) [snapback]270114[/snapback]</div>
    "Speed Sensor" seems interesting...

Peter.

15. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ok here are my thoughts

Judging by the other info here...

This should be a menu screen
    Location Information
    Navi Menu
    Learning Distance
    Speed Level Pulse ON OFF HI LO
    Navigation Check EU
    Navigation Check US
    Navigation Check ME
    Navigation Check Menu Yes No

This is the Navigation check menu screen and everything is the same on mine except for the " Disc Information" at the end. In my search on the DVD I have "DVD Player Information" which is whats on my display menu. Maybe you have a different version of the software?

Main Menu information
    GPS Information
    Vehicle Sensors
    Color Bar Check
    Memory Copy/Paste
    Parts Information
    Microphone Check
    RDS-TMC Information

But if the "Location Information" is a menu where is it and how do we get to it? Should the Navigation Check menu have a next or back buttons? or should GPS information have Back or next buttons? This part here might be the key to the lock out. "Speed Level Pulse ON OFF HI LO" Maybe its a button or maybe its just text information. We wont really know untill we find out where this information is located. I'm going to contunue to study the layout of the menu system in the loading.kwi file to see if I can figure out anything.

16. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(drmanny3 @ Jun 8 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]268275[/snapback]</div>
    That would be me. I did check and there are no updates.

17. peterooi

peterooi New Member

As an FYI the 2007 Camry Hybrid Nav system can be overridden like the 04-05 Prius. Strange why they patched it on the 06 Prius but left it unchanged for the 07 Camry.

18. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to be on vacation this week and i'm going to try to study the kwi file and mess around in the service screens again to see if I can find anything. Thats IF I have time. :D I'll report back if I find or dont find anything.

19. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    That certainly seems odd that the Camry was untouched given the changes they made to the consumption screen etc.

Now guys and gals, I am purely thinking off the top of my head here. Just got an idea. Could it be possible (I haven't tried it as I just thought about it just now)....that because of the additional resolution the screen now has in the 06 that the placement of your fingers need to be closer together to achieve the over ride function? So, instead of it being so high for the upper left or so low for the lower left we maybe should try making the points closer together?

I got this idea because of what someone once told me that the 06 Prius is high rez compared to the 05. But if the software is still looking at a point on the screen at a certain number of scan lines then a higher resolution screen would change the location of that particular set of scan lines to touch. If some one happens to try this before I get a chance, please share your findings.

Also, does anyone know if the Camry has the resolution of the 05 Prius or the 06 Prius?

Cheers

20. TheForce

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Three60guy @ Jul 3 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]280405[/snapback]</div>
    That does not make a difference because doing the upper left lower left thing only gets you into the service menu and we can do that on our 06 easy. We just don't have or cant find the override button to press. :(