1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

hack/reprogram the car

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Johan2003, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Johan2003

Johan2003 New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi there,
    Anyone who reprogrammed the prius yet ? (not the preprogrammed easter egg stuff)
    e.g. reprogramming the cruise control to a pulse and glide control (what would be the optimal speed difference for a) optimal fuel consumption b) not annoying the driver behind you)? and/or a speed limiter in stead of the cruising thing ?
    e.g. disable the electric braking (to resemble a ICE only vehicle) when you lift your foot from the accellarator ?
    e.g. ventilating, cooling, heating the car automatically/timed when charging plug in battery extention ?
    Or knows an easy way to do this without reprogramming the vehicle CPU ?
    Regards,
    Johan

2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    That fake drag is the worst thing about the Prius. I know it ie better for fuel econony overall but it just makes it a nightmare to pulse and glide.

C6916 ?

3. xpcman

xpcman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Toyota keeps the code a secret. I don't know that anyone has managed to hack much of anything.

4. Johan2003

Johan2003 New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    and really no one read the flash memory and decompiled it ?

5. Johan2003

Johan2003 New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    why would it be better for overall fuel consumption ? wheel to wheel is -30% energy loss, rught ? is with an ICE car : the less you brake the better milage, although you recuperate 70% it's still 30% loss.
    I think it's only to resemble an ICE car.
    The Renault ZOE just glides ...

6. drysider

drysider Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    The Renault website talks about engine braking, but no details. It sounds similar to the Synergy system. I sometimes wonder if people just randomly brake while driving along...there seems to be a lot of "Don't use the brakes" comments. You have to brake from time to time, of course, and the fact that you can "only" reclaim 70-80% of the energy does not convince me to forgo the whole idea.