1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hacking the Prius Computers for Info!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by cawooddog, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Batavier

Batavier Member

Indeed, Frank. One of the consumer magazines over here complained that the steering wheel buttons were 'too complicated' to operate... duh... It's a scary thought that people who find it complicated to operate the steering wheel buttons are allowed to drive a car. :)

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Frank Hudon\";p=\"43633)</div>
    Trust me, I agree. I think these guys drive the car for 1-2 days and a couple hundred miles and the entire experience is so different that they interpret that as 'complicated'. It's almost like Toyota should make them drive a stripped down, no-MFD version for a week before giving them the entire package. I think it's like any other car. Hell, I drove a Caddy rental for a few days earlier this year and it took me the better part of those 3 days to figure out all the options in that too. Unique/different layout, hidden buttons/controls, etc. It wasn't "complicated", just different and it took time to learn new patterns and develop new neural pathways so those controls became automatic.

Like you say, few cars are bare bones ignition, head-lights, windshield wiper, AM radio controls any more. Almost all have a variety of buttons, switches, dials and controls that take some getting used to. The Prius is unique even amongst those, but NOT more complicated.