1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Had something weird happen today.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Jeffery Merrill, Oct 28, 2018.

1. audiodave

audiodave Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My 04 I've drove up to 40 miles after the blink started. That left me adding the most gas at about 10 gallons. So I never worrie about that. I pretty much never get over 400 miles a tank. Only my mileage goes up or down and that's what figures how much it takes to fill it. Low 8 to mid 9's is how many gallons to fill. Highway seems to always provide better mileage and chances to get over 400 miles on a tank. But I'm on a two year old rebuilt battery with 248,000 on the clock.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Thanks for clarifying things.

The following directions on calibrating the gas gauge were provided by galaxee in 2006.

"1. Park the vehicle so as it is level,front to back and side to side.
    2. IgOn and make sure that "Trip A " is showing on the odo ( this is where we made a mistake Embarassed ).
    3. Power down.
    4. Keep your foot off the brake.
    5. Push in and hold down the Odo/Trip button.
    6. Push the Power button twice to IgOn ( not Ready mode ).
    7. Turn the Odo/Trip off then On 3 times in 5 seconds.
    8. Continue holding the Odo/Trip button until a 6 digit code appears.
    9. Release,then push again the Odo/Trip button for another 5 seconds. The 6 digit code will change to a 5 digit code.
    10. After the middle digit,of the 5 digit code,changes to "1" release the Odo/Trip button and the odometer will return to normal reading."

Skibob likes this.
  3. Jeffery Merrill

Jeffery Merrill Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Please forgive me but what do you mean by turn odo-trip off then on 3 times in 5 seconds? My odo-trip goes odo, trip A and trip B.

4. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Your forgiven, I could not figure that one out either. ;)

5. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm not sure myself. I've never calibrated my own and I found those directions searching the site for you. I'll see if I can find some clearer directions.

6. Randall Gradle

Randall Gradle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    We were camping at Fort Davis state park and decided to drive the scenic route down to the border through Alpine Texas. At six pips thought we could make it to a border town but halfway down through mountain driving six pips quickly became three then one flashing. Turned around and judicially drove the forty to fifty miles back to Alpine. I want to say it took about eight gallons to fill but has anyone else had an altitude related fuel gauge incident similar? Not to change the threads topic but I felt this was related enough to drop in.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

7. Jeffery Merrill

Jeffery Merrill Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Okay. I tried this sequence and it may have worked. On step 7 change it to read release and press the ODO/TRIP button three times in five seconds and keep pressed until a 6 digit code appears.

I will update later if this worked.

Skibob and srellim234 like this.