1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Had the dealer replace the spark plugs today

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by ALS, Apr 15, 2021.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ebay is always where I buy everything except oil and oil filters because sellers on Ebay will do almost anything to avoid a negative rating and Ebay will also refund you up to $300 if the seller ignores you or shuts down there account.

Almost everytime I've bought something on there that didn't work out the seller refunded my money and told me don't worry about shipping back the item. I've not found any other option that treats me that well. Not even close!

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The one fly in the ointment with that is the situation where a seller is knowingly selling junk. If they are doing that, and have a high-enough margin on the junk they are selling, they can just price into their business model that some n% of customers will notice they got junk, and demand refunds, and the seller will happily refund the money and even generously say "don't worry about shipping back the item" (why would they want it back anyway?).

As long as every individual customer who noticed a problem was given an individual refund, eBay's report-screening system will prevent escalating individual reports that could collectively indicate the seller is systematically selling junk. In essence, eBay has designed their reporting system to make sure they can't find out about that kind of problem.