1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

haha galaxeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jan 15, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Hey Squid, quit shovelling so fast, yer getting dirt on my shoes. <_<

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Well said. Thanks. Even if it had nothing to do with what I said, it's good to have another male say it. Women who speak this way in this glorious culture are usually dismissed as bra-burning, man-hating lesbians.

Gee, nothing wrong with bra-burning, man-hating lesbians either, for that matter. :p

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I shave my legs daily. I do it for myself because I don't like stubbly legs. (I get FREE razors too!) If other don't want to shave their legs so be in. If people want to get plastic surgery so be it. I just stick to doing what I WANT to do and don't worry what other choose to do with their bodies.

For example I don't believe in getting tattoos. BUT tons of other people do. (including my daughter) It's just not my thing and I DON'T like needles.

I'm pretty petite but have alittle fat I would like sucked out of my stomach. I could get the money to do it and would love to do it. ONLY thing stopping me is I hate needles, hositals, blood and all that stuff. I'm a BIG chicken on pain. Otherwise I would have NO problem getting sucked out. I would do it in a heartbeat. I would be on that sucking table next week! ;) If that makes me less of a person oh well.

Tracy

4. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    WHAT!!! 2% of Earth's population is Vulcan??? :eek:

If all the Vulcan women looked like T'Pol, I'm sure a bunch of Earthling women would be having their ears cosmetically pointed out of jealously.

The only problem is that in 20 or so years the Earthling women would look old and the Vulcan women would still look young.

Sorry Earthling women, comparatively, our genes suck - but our cultural attitudes suck even more.

Now, where can I find me one of those Vulcan babes? :lol:

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Geez, the way you went right out and bought your Prius, you'll be moving to CA within weeks! :lol:

Jennifer lives in a smaller city right adjacent to Long Beach. I lived in Long Beach 10 years and loved it. It's the most affordable, most diverse (but not yet crime-ridden, except in parts of the west and north sides of town, closer to---ahem---Compton). Long Beach has 450,000 people, but a relatively small-town atmosphere, amazingly enough. It has great parks and rec facilities (that's what I did for a living there).

A couple of other more affordable places near Long Beach are Lakewood (just north/east), Hawaiian Gardens (adjacent to LB AND Los Alamitos, and a lower-income "special case"), Cypress (more upscale) and Garden Grove (more heavily Vietnamese and full of great Asian foods stores).

Hard to find a house under $400K or a decent condo under $250K, though. Rent for a decent 2-BR might run around $1500/mo. SoCal recently has caught up with NorCal in real estate values. Did I say "values"? :p

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

...and we normally shy away from making judgements and offering opinions here, don't we? :p

7. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My dealer says they will get exactly my car in, just a matter of when. There's 1 person on the list ahead of me (out of 3 people total ahead of me) who has ordered the same EXACT car as me, so they'll get theirs first, which may come in tomorrow. If 2 of this same car come in tomorrow at my dealer, the 2nd one would for sure be mine.

He didn't think my mind-changing (or fine-tuning as I like to call it ;) ) would have any effect on when it would come in. He's been calling me when 'the car' I wanted has come in, regardless-in case I changed my mind and wanted it prior to 2006 and will continue to keep me informed as their next allocation comes in, and until my car is here.

8. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm very close to Long Beach. I'm in Los Alamitos (OC) which is right across the San Gabriel River and 605 fwy from Long Beach (LA County). There are some nice area of Long Beach and some bad areas, as one might expect in a heavily populated area.

Questionable areas (ie, typically stay away from b/c of gangs, violence, decrepit and run down houses, etc): North Long Beach, Westside, Wrigley, Poly High and most of the downtown area (unless you're really into urban living-they've been doing a lot of renovating the area w/building lofts in old bank and dept store buildings).

Mostly good areas: Artcraft Manor, Belmont Shores, Belmont Heights, California Heights, College/University Park, Marina Pacifica, Los Altos, Lakewood areas.

You pretty much have to go there in person or talk to someone knowledgeable to know if it's an area you're able to deal with living in. It also depends on if you're renting or buying; living closer to the beach the prices will go higher. Long Beach is a very diverse city and has many many personalities. You might like it! Have you been there before??

9. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

That was a personal buy and had NOTHING to do with my businesses money. ;) Even though we are one of the same regarding taxes I seperate my business money from my personal money.

Also when I'm determined to do something I can usually do it pretty quickly if I want. I have NO business debt except my warehouse mortage debt which I should have paid off by the end of the year.

I could move to CA anytime I want. I'm just choose to finish taking care of my business mortage before I do so. I will obviously need to go out there too and see what's out there.

And just so you are aware since your brought it up I paid cash for 2/3 of my Prius and put 1/3 on a credit card which will be paid off before it's due. ;)

So I'm not swiming in debt with a $30,000 car loan! B)

My BIGGEST issue is how to get ALL my stuff there. I guess that's going to cost my business some BIG bucks and at least 10 semis! :(

10. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I need a house that has a warehouse attached to it or on the grounds of the house. Do you think it will be tough to find something like that in Long Beach? Right now I currently have a house and warehouse attached together. I had a hard time finding something because most places like that are out in the middle of nowhere around here. I love to be able to work and live in the same place! I love my place here but I'm already outgrowing my warehouse. After I bought the place after 3 months I had to add a second floor to my warehouse.

It would be nice to live close by the port where my goods come into. I also would love the weather. I'm sick of snow and ended up her by accident. I gotta try to bail out of her soon.

I appreciate the info about Long Beach. I have heard some parts of it are bad. I will have to make sure I get into the good part.

How far is Long Beach from LA?

Tracy

11. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You'd probably be able to find a warehouse + living area in Long Beach, there are TONS of commercial/residential properties in this area. Find a good real esatate agent who is knowledgeable about the area and specializes in those types of properties. :) As the crow flies, Long Beach is about 15 miles from the heart of Downtown LA, more like ~20 miles of freeway travelling (which can take anwhere from 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours depending on time of day and traffic).

12. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I have just been to LA!

13. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I figured there would be some warehouse + living areas out in Long Beach. I just gotta find the right one for me.

I won't like the traffic out there but oh well. Hopefully everything else will make up for it.

14. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I don't know why you're directing this comment to me.

The north/west portion of LB is only a couple of miles from the south/east part of L.A. On a clear day, from the top of Signal Hill, which is a small city totally surrounded by Long Beach (that's right), tou can see downtown L.A. well.

If the type of housing/storage arrangement you're talking about is possible, it's in a couple of neighborhoods closest to the Port Of Long Beach---about 2 miles. But that's in a westside neighborhood where you might not want to live. Arrangements such as yours are more common, as you suspect, in cities less heavily impacted by population.

The Ports of Long Beach and L.A. are both booming from the Asian traffic (largely) and are fiercely competitive. Long Beach has forged ahaead of L.A. in recent years. Now the City and Port are having a big debate about the advisability of building a huge terminal at the Port for the storage of LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas), which is becoming more important to this country.

To be perfectly blunt, the tidal wave of high crime has slowly been creeping eastward from L.A. towards orange County for years, and Long Beach is a sort of "battleground"---and test case---on whether it can be stopped in its tracks. Long Beach is bisected down the middle by Long Beach Boulevard, and it's a rougn dividing line crime-wise, too. But most Eastside Long Beachers are standing their ground, not fleeing---so far. Long Beach has invested BILLIONS (not millions) in upgrading its waterfront attractions (Grand Prix race annually, froo-froo specialty shopping and eateries, money-losing (but nice) aquarium, money-losing (and almost rusted-through) Queen Mary, and downtown. It's unbelievavle what they're spending, but the Port makes it possible (they bail out the LB budget occasionally). My daughter (same age as yours) goes to Long Beach State, so we drive down there about 3 times a year. In some ways, it's noticeably better even than L.A. now. Never will be as nice/expensive as Huntington Beach and south, but it's overall the best area to live (if you're not a millionaire) between Malibu and Oceanside.

Maybe Jennifer sees it differently?

15. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't see it too differently; there are parts of Long Beach that I'm really partial to and wouldn't mind living in, most notably California Heights and Belmont Heights. I love the character of the houses in those areas (bungalows built in the 20's-lots of spanish style and craftsman homes w/loads of personality and history) and the looks of the neighborhoods (tree-lined streets w/minimal to moderate thru traffic). There are parts of LB that I stay well away from too. I definitely prefer to live in OC over any area of LB though, hope to move from Los Al to Costa Mesa, Fountain Valley, or Huntington Beach in the coming years. :)

16. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Oh now that I re-read your statement I see it was a compliment!

Yeah I'm packing up to move to CA right now ;)

I just need you and Jennifer to find me a place :huh:

17. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Hey Jack, I came across a link for which I immediately thought of you...

http://www.natvan.com/

:p

18. Mystery Squid

***edited***

issue too stupid to argue...

:lol:

19. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

dude, is that site serious?? :blink:

20. Mystery Squid

Unfortunately, they are...

Thankfully, they only attract idiots and crackpots, but I assure you, they are serious...

That's where feeling that we're "better" than others because of what they might do, think, or believe leads to...