1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

haha galaxeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jan 15, 2006.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it's a shame PC doesn't supply a "puking" smiley...

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    The Americanization and Westernization of the world continues apace.

And I've seen anti-Semitic hate publications before. I'm not happy you thought it cute to refer me to one, nor to imply that the opinions I or some others of us have on pop culture are somehow connected to racial/ethnic/religious hatred.

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Oh please...

On one post you flat out proclaim your "better" than people who go for plastic surgery... Now you're "not happy" about the implication? lol

So tell me then, how is pre-judging and feeling that you're "better" than those to opt for plastic surgery any different from feeling that you're better than (insert any race, creed, religion here)?

If anything, I'm not happy YOU have such an outlook...

But hey, this is the USA, and you have a right to feel that way without JACKbooted thugs kicking down your door and giving you a few "licks".

4. Mystery Squid

...and THAT'S, the way is should be!

B)

5. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Here ya go...
    [​IMG]

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    You need Critical Thinking 1A.

To say you feel better than someone based on their ACTS (including criminal, anti-social, crinkling cellophane in a quiet theater, whatever) is substantially different from feeling better than someone based on his/her ethnicity or other inherited traits.

You also confuse peaceful advocacy and force.

7. Mystery Squid

No it isn't Jack...

It's varying grades of the same disease...

What really makes you think you're a better human than the guy on death row who wiped out his family with an axe? Ever had an "immoral" thought? Is there really that much of a difference between "thinking" and "doing"? So one human being thinks it, the other does it, is one worth lesser than the other? I suppose it depends upon who's asking isn't it?

So, I suggest YOU sign up for "Critical Thinking 1A", maybe then you'll realize that once you get into the minutia, you'll begin to see very few things are actually "black and white"....

;)

8. jeneric

jeneric New Member

Yes.

9. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    surprise, surprise, squid... i disagree.

there is a huge difference between thinking and doing. sure, i've had all sorts of nasty thoughts in my life. but i've never had intent to act on any of them. intent is the key thing here.

thoughts tend to show up passively, at least for me. to actually carry out an action requires more than thought. it requires planning, evaluation, and finally completion of the act. that is not a passive process.

most people possess the mechanisms to control their actions. obviously someone who goes out and wipes out their own family has some real issues that go beyond just negative thoughts.

so yes, there is a large difference between thinking something bad and doing something bad.

10. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thoughts are oft times inflammatory. Knowledge of this should flavor our daily interactions with each other. How does the nice, quiet neighbor change from what we thought we knew to the mass murderer?

We live in a country where blood and guts TV and Video games rule. But we can't watch two people having sex on TV. There are more rules covering bodily exposure than ways to murder someone.

I want my freedom of expression and I know that means that I have to deal with others' freedom of expression. There is often too much government regulation as it is and as much as a site like that scares me it also educates me.

11. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

WOW this thread is getting really deep! :unsure:

12. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Deep thought are better than deep snow any day? Isn't tracybeans moving to the sunny state of California or are you going in that other direction where they have bugs and lots of old folks and hurricanes?!?

Sorry Floridians! :rolleyes:

13. Mystery Squid

*note: obviously, I know this, for if I, personally, didn't know or understand the difference, well, I would have been put away loooooong ago, or one of you should put in a call for the men in white!! lololololo

...and why is this?

I think society, and other forces (law), have given us a "framework" so we don't feel so bad when we have "immoral" or "impure" thoughts, for, as you say, we never really act out. Well, at least if we don't want to be thrown in jail, or consider the feelings/lives/impact upon others.

Consider, if you will, a "primal" world where there are no laws, no society, no anything other than a world for which your only guidance, is your mind, and literally, your stomach. I think the gap closes really fast, doesn't it.

Regardless, in either circumstance, how does this change the VALUE of a human being? I suppose that's my seat-of-the-pants thought on this subject. The VALUE seems to be determined by social forces, remove it, then what? Who gets to judge someone's value? Is jack really a "better" (thus, more "valuable") person to society with respect to someone who opts for plastic surgery for cosmetic reasons? Hmmmm.....

14. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Mmmm, I think deep snow is better than deep thoughts sometimes. Especially now that Mammoth has gotten another 16" of snow today and it's still snowing. With a base depth of 10-12 feet. A very good thing about living in So. California is that you're usually within an hour's drive of the beach (or 5-10 minutes, like me) and within about an hour's drive of the local ski resorts. Or within 4-5 hour's drive of Mammoth/June mountains.

15. Mystery Squid

For whatever reason, after reading this, I picture you angrily taking off your clothes, and running out into the street yelling into the sky some elaborate tirade regarding such matters...

:lol:

16. Mystery Squid

See, I'm on the verge of relocating to Tampa (flew down for the day for an interview yesterday as a matter of fact). I swear though, had I no family members in FL, I'd be in So. Cali in a heartbeat...

:D

17. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Don't want to scare the neighbors but I can stamp my foot and yell pretty loud!

18. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Born and raised in Vermont. I like the lack of heavy jackets and tire chains that we have in California. Additionally, here you can drive up to the snow and say "oooh how pretty!" and then get back in the car and sit on the beach to watch the sunset..."aww how pretty!!"

19. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Yeah, and it's dark....and it's cold. :) Oh, sorry, I was looking outside just now. It's winter in these here parts.

20. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Even though almost all of my family lives in FL I won't move there. I got TO much to lose by living there if I got caught in a hurricane. It would be impossible to evacuate with all my business stuff.

Actually I was suppose to end up in FL with my mom and took a detour to WI and after 20 years I'm still here :( Me wants to go to CA someday! :p