1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

haha galaxeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

As they say at Nike:

Just do it!

2. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ok please help me ;)

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    This is scary thinking. I see it as a way of dragging down "good", productive people to the level of the lowest scum through the simple device of declaring that "everyone has bad thoughts". (And yes, good's in quotes because it requires definition in terms of actions, values, intentions, etc., both as framed by some "social order" AND by sheer individual thought and effort.)

It's not PC to say so ("who am I to judge?", "don't be so judgemental"), but most of us make judgements about many things, every day. Want to argue that?

Do some judgements involve thoughts that the way we have chosen to lead our lives (including what we've come to believe) is "better" than what others do, at least in certain respects? Again, yes. Want to argue that?

Who is Mystery Squid? How shall we "know" him, or make the most accurate judgements about him?

1. his picture?
    2. images he posts on the internet?
    3. what he says he believes, likes and otherwise thinks?
    4. what others say about him?
    5. what he has DONE, cumulatively: today, yesterday, and all the previous ones?

For me, the last one, inasmuch as I can witness it or learn it, is how I'll "define" Squid. Will it be against the backdrop of societal norms AND my personal values and tastes? Of course. Want to argue that?

Will I pre-judge that Squid's "just like everyone else" insofar as assuming he has his share of "evil thoughts", or even that he cheats parking meters, sneaks into movies and cheats on his taxes when he can get away with it? No.

So murdering your kids isn't THAT much worse that "wishing they were dead" in a moment of exasperation?

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

So far, you can dig it with a hand trowel. :lol:

5. Mystery Squid

Yes, "be-littling", isn't it? No one really likes to be "be-littled" do they? It's funny jack, when you get right down to it, there isn't that much that separates us from any other mammal is there? See we like to think of ourselves as this great species at the top of the food chain, dominating the entire planet, with the power to destroy it all within a matter of days. Very God-like isn't it? THAT makes a lot of people feel good, as opposed to looking at it from the perspective we're really not that much more clever than shit-throwing APES, and that someday, our time here will end, and as far as the universe will be concerned, we never existed in the first place, for there will be no trace of the third rotating mass of rock from the dying star...

I've always been fascinated with self importance. How people feel the "need" to be "better" (in whatever respect) to other people.

And here's my ultimate point:

The issue of people who elect to have plastic/cosmetic surgery performed upon them is so petty, that what does it say about anyone who uses such as a platform to feel even slightly superior? THAT'S scary.

What's even MORE frightening, is there really is no difference in its application, whether it be race, creed, color, whatever... You derive a sense of self-importance from it...

Of course, in the end, it matters little, for as Tom Waits once sang,

"I say we all gonna be...

...dirt in the ground...."

:ph34r:

6. Mystery Squid

Know what the problem is with this?

It's normal.

Do I want to argue it? Absolutely.

Why? Because it's normal, and UNarguable within the framework THE MATRIX has created for you.

Is there a need to judge in the first place? why? who cares? why can't I, or anyone else for that matter, simply exist without being judged? I don't think you're worth any more or less than I am, regardless of what you might think or do, and I don't need to know you anyway, so what's the point?

7. Mystery Squid

Sure thing.

How can I be of service?

:D

8. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I work with the developmentally disabled and they have been the best teachers for really learning about human nature. These guys rarely complain, they have a pain level that I envy. They live under a roof the state helps pay for with a bunch of other folks not of their choosing, they get served food they did not necessarily want, and many have little or no choices in their lives. But they are pretty happy with where they are.

I often wish that I could go in their head for just 5-10 minutes so that I could understand them more. Even then I do not feel that I can judge their actions, good or bad, because I don't have to be there every day. This old saying has several forms but says the same basic thing....walk a mile in my shoes before you judge me.

tracysbeans can move into mom's room, course you have to find somewhere to send my mom (please....)

9. Mystery Squid

Isn't that flat out amazing?

Sort of makes you wonder who exactly is more "disabled" doesn't it? US or them?

10. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    [attachmentid=1868]

I am pretty sure that we are. I sometimes prefer the company of the dog to most humans.

11. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Round up about 12 semis and head over to my house. HURRY UP! It's CA or BUST!

12. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ok but the question is do you have room for me AND my stuff? :p

13. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

I agree!

[​IMG]

14. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Got room for that little one and my dog (the sheperd mix) is very social. The boxer is in Italy for three years.

12 semi's worth of stuff may be a bit too much for my condo though!!

I can remember making my plans to move out of Vermont after a winter of "way the h**l below zero" winter weather. It truly is California Dreamin'.

15. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Ahh darn I gotta be able to take my stuff with! No stuff then no making $$ ;)

16. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My feelings exactly! We're not 'stuck' living in the snow and dealing with it on a daily basis, we can escape it and head straight to the beach.

17. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I sure miss New England for two brief but memorable things: a Sunday drive when the leaves turn,and a gently-falling snow around Christmas.

18. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    The leaves are on the trees like that for maybe 2 weeks and then poof! (I am still closer to 5 than my 50 in Ocotber so I still love to jump into a big pile of crinkly leaves--perferably raked by someone else)
    Also as soon as the plow comes by there goes the nice snow....and there are no guarantees of snow when you want it back east, or rain for that matter.
    Those are fond memories but I'll take a visit over the daily grind.

19. Mystery Squid

Funny, I though you'd miss New England because it's such a BLUE State, that even the toilet water within most government facilities are BLUE! :eek:

20. Mystery Squid

Funny, I was just "talking" to someone about that... Whole thing had to do with how the "grass is greener on the other side"... After spending 30 years in New England, having done the jumping in the leaves thing up until I was about 13, I'm ready for a change into a more "tropical" climate.