1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

haha galaxeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Will do! I'll make sure no one will miss my "My Prius is Here" post when it comes, LOL. :D

2. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

when did you order it?

3. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Someday I want to move to CA. Just gotta get out there sometime to check into some commercial warehouse real estate. I'm hoping someday I can make it happen!

4. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Probably for very similar reasons that, for example, one might want to dress well for some sort of event. Vanity, personal amusement, whatever... Why do you do your hair everyday?

I suppose it's sort of like an extension of make-up.

I doubt I'd do it, even if I had vast time and wealth to ponder such issues. My personal goal is to keep personal visits to hospitals to a minimum... :lol:

5. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I do nothing with my hair, well I wash it, but it's a hygiene thing, nothing extreme

extension of make up, WOW, that's really stretching it, Squid

6. Mystery Squid

How is that stretching it?

Let's say you don't like the way your cheeks (or whatever other body part) look no matter what tactic you attempt with make up, what's the next level?

And you do nothing with your hair?

Yeah, right, ok, maybe not, but I doubt you can say you've NEVER fixed yourself up in an effort to try and look appealing (or more appealing) for whatever reason.

Maybe, but I doubt it... ;)

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    In 100% agreement.
    Having chin and lip implants to look like Angelina Jolie could just be the start of a vicious cycle. Are you talking about the Angelina Jolie before she had her plastic surgery, or the one after?
    http://celebrityplasticpics.com/
    http://www.celebrityplasticpics.com/img/an...lie_before6.jpg
    http://www.celebrityplasticpics.com/img/an...olie_after1.jpg
    Me personally, I prefer the "before." The "after" looks, um, well, plastic! Although, I am still suspicious of the "before" lips. :huh:

8. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

YES, I do nothing with my hair, why is that strange? I wash it, comb it and go. What else woud I need to do with it? It's clean, healthy and I like it.

What would that reason have to be that I would have to look more appealing??? I didn't have a necessity yet so perhaps I don't know that you are talking about. What would be a reason? I look the way I look and I accept it.
    You can doubt all you want ;)

9. Mystery Squid

That wasn't the point....

:rolleyes:

10. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

what was the point?

11. Mystery Squid

Simple vanity.

MOST people (and ok, maybe not you), at some point/s, for some reason/s, want to look the best they can.

That's really all... So some go for more drastic measures than others (at least, perceived as drastic to us)... I might wear kahkis and a polo shirt whereas my friend might wear a suit and tie... Jane might not wear make up, but her friend Ethel does...

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    You go, maggie.

On my bumper:

Change The Way You See
    Not The Way You Look

13. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    To some of us, looking "the best" YOU can is...looking the way you naturally ARE. (But if we all believed this, the cosmetics industry and Wonder Bra makers would go down the tubes.)

And it's a leap from "dressing up" to "enhancing" your own body. They're both "societal imperatives", but the latter also involves a certain rejection of self in favor of pop culture schtick.

If mdmike can be cool with a female with unshaved legs, many more of us could. They "had a good time".

14. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

so where do you draw the line??? you can completly change your external appearance and say I am just trying to look the best I can????

My questions was as to why one would want to do this which you didn't answer, you just keep saying that that's just the way it is without really trying to find a reason for it.

You said, one wants to look the best they can? Why?????????????? What does that mean anyway?

15. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

Unshaved legs seem to be just a North American paranoia anyway, predominently

16. Mystery Squid

No, I answered you question. VANITY. or simple WANT. THAT answers your question as to why. If you want to know why VANITY or other forms of WANT, that's ANOTHER question.

:lol:

17. Mystery Squid

If you don't understand this concept, it's no use going further.

18. Mystery Squid

Yeah, and some might want plastic surgery. Big deal?

Are you saying somehow you're BETTER because you choose natural, or that those who don't like how they look and try to change it are somehow lesser?

Please.

:rolleyes:

19. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Well, if a woman can handle stubble on my cheek, I can handle a little stubble on her legs B)

20. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i personally think in most cases it's obvious if you've had plastic surgery, and i don't think it will necessarily make you more attractive.