1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

haha galaxeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mystery Squid, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

unshaved legs on women = completely disgusting

...and it's not just North Americans...

2. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Mystery Squid:

My take on what maggieddd is saying is simply this:

She is just being herself.

3. Mystery Squid

Yes, I fully understand her concept thank you.

I'm merely exploring reasons one might opt for plastic surgery, relating them to, perhaps, common reasons we might all inherently share.... Seems like many here sort of think those that opt for such, are somewhat "lesser" individuals....

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I doubt maggie would say it, so I'll say it. Yes, better. In my experience, people who are more "real" about things like sidestepping pop cultural pressures are usually more real all-around (e.g., honest, for one).

5. Mystery Squid

Ok, fine.

I don't agree, but hey, that's life!

:D

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Body hair on women or men = body hair on women or men.

Just the way we're all made, more or less. Not disgusting (that really insults most Asians, Africans and Middle Easterners, and many Europeans and South Americans).
    Although that's how it's been marketed to American women for about 60 years (sells lots of those little plastic razors).

Just something that shouldn't even be worth noticing or commenting on.

But let Julia Roberts raise an arm in a sleeveless dress, revealing an unshaved underarm, and the media goes berserk. Pathetic.

7. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

that's why I said predominantly
    the shaving of the legs is fairly new in the history of the mankind and it seems to be promulgated among affluent western societies mainly, and the females having more spare time with their cosmetics, mainly being bombarded by glossy beauty magazines with all the cosmetic gadgetry that one has to posses in order to look "beautiful" and "appealing" in modern world. I honestly doubt that through the history of mankind the woman’s beauty will be diminished by a single fact of unshaved hair in certain spot of the body. Besides who makes a decision which part of the body gets shaved for the beauty sake?
    It is all cosmetic industry driven scheme that has no cultural relevance to any tradition or hygiene. I doubt that all the known beauties starting with Venus the Milo to female beauties painted be renaissance masters to beauty icons of the early 20th century captured on celluloid and all female divinities within all cultures and religions would have to have shaved legs to be perceived as recognized icons.
    You probably would have a completely different outlook on the issue if you would be in the other parts of the world with different cultural perceptions. Simple exposure to certain societal discourses and blind abiding to these discourses makes one truly very arrogant without questioning reasons behind cultural phenomena such as the case we are discussing

Either way should be acceptable, and one way or the other should not create derision. And abiding to only one acceptable way makes one extremely arrogant (SHEEP) devoid of qualities such as tolerance.

8. Mystery Squid

Jack be nimble...
    Jack be quick...
    for when he falls off his high horse...
    he just might get kicked...

;)

9. Mystery Squid

No kidding...

Of course, since you're implying I would have no tolerance for others simply because I find hairy legs on women disgusting, you mirror precisely what you accuse.

:rolleyes:

10. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    "Ordered" it in August...originally wanted a 2005 Package 6, Black, silver, seaside pearl, tideland pearl. Changed it to a 2006 package 7, black, silver, seaside pearl in September. Nixed silver as a color choice in November. Nixed seaside pearl in December. Decide on Package #8 and narrowed colors down to Black w/tan interior in mid-December and was told it would be here 'in January'.

To be honest, "my car" has come in 3 times so far, but I really wanted to wait till 2006 to take ownership. So maybe I have no right to feel anxious right now, having turned down the 3 that came in prior to when I was ready, but it's more of an excited. anticipative anxiety than an I-must-have-it-NOW sort of anxiety. :D :D

11. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If that scenario should happen, I'll buy from the original dealer since he's doing MSRP, has put more work into my order (and has a deposit) and has put up with my mind-changing bs from day 1 while remaining quite pleasant to deal with. :)

I'm calling Cap 1 tomorrow or Weds. My check expires on Thursday. I actually got an email from them yesterday--you can do the extension online as well as by calling. :)

12. Rancid13

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I love it here, have lived here all my life. Hubby and I were able to purchase our first home one year ago, a condo. Love it! Pricey, but that's to be expected in a place so many are flocking to as a result of the nice weather, beaches, and general quality of life. :)

13. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

"NO KIDDING"
    great rebattle
    a brilliant summation, extremely thought provoking on your part

14. Mystery Squid

;)

15. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    They are.

:lol:

If you get your arm crushed or your face bitten by a Rottweiler, that's one good reason to have surgery. Or if your breasts are huge, huge, huge and you need them reduced. Skin grafts for burns. The "reconstructive" part of "plastic AND reconstructive surgery" is the fascinating and good part of it, to me.

But tummy tucks? Facelifts? Oh, come on. Not even remotely defensible in my book. Totally frivolous and largely driven by pop culture expectations. The prevalence of these procedures bespeaks the self-esteem problems in our culture.

Maybe pointy Vulcan ears will be the vogue in 2020! Whee! Let's truly start an aesthetic that NO ONE naturally meets, instead of an aesthetic that only 2% of the population naturally meets! Come on, everybody!

16. Mystery Squid

Hey, that's fine, I'd never hold anything against anyone that did such.

Apparently a lot of people here would...

17. Mystery Squid

I find it extremely ironic how those who appear to be such humanitarians, are rather judgmental....

:ph34r:

18. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

perhaps you should clarify the relevance of your comparison and kindly expand

19. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Did your dealer tell you that he gets in exactly what your wanting?? Or did they have to custom make it for you?

I would think that after making each change that would have affected the timing for you to get your car?

Now I'm wondering how long your going to have to wait?

20. tracysbeans

tracysbeans Member

Yeah it would be nice to get away from the cold weather here. I ended up in WI by mistake. Worked out through because I was able to go farther finacially here than I would have somewhere else. I plan on getting a few things taken care of here first and then checking out moving to CA. I was thinking about checking out the area around Long Beach since that's where my goods from china come in. I need a special place though like I currently have. (house and warehouse together) Are you close to Long Beach? Tracy