1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hairline Scratches on Rear Spoiler

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by WarEagle, Jan 8, 2011.

1. SW03ES

SW03ES Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    You may want to try and take it to a professional detailer to see if they can polish out the scratches. The issue is you are introducing more marring into the surface when trying to remove the marring thats there. I think you need a machine and a fine polish for this IMHO...

2. pbasch

pbasch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I have a related question. I just got a used 2014 Plug-in Prius, with a black plastic spoiler. Along the edge of the spoiler are some scratches - not hairline-type scratches, but imagine that someone opened the hatchback in a garage with a low cement ceiling. So the scratches are along the edge, and go past the black surface to a light-colored material underneath. I doubt any kind of "polish" will do anything, though I'll try. I was considering just using a black sharpie and declaring victory, but if anyone has any bright ideas I'd love to hear them!

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I use dupli-color gloss black lacquer touch up paint. After a bit of leveling with pumice. Not perfect, but ok if you don't look too close.

4. pbasch

pbasch Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Thanks for the tip!

5. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My garage door marked its territory not long after I got my PiP. It only added to the mementos left by the previous owner. Only mine were so deep they carved out some plastic. I just painted over the grooves with black gloss. It's more for go than show anyway I guess, but I was plenty ticked at myself when it happened. I may break down and replace the thing.