1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hamas vs. Fatah

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Darwood

Darwood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    edited

2. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 15 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]462369[/snapback]</div>
    nice to see we are back on terra firma my friend.

US role in this...

Israel will not allow any US forces on its land or in its battles with its Arab neighbors - and the US does not want to be part of it either.

US support will include the following:

1. intelligence - although Israel this week launched another spy satellite successfully to cover Iran and its region.
    2. weapons systems - Israel is the only country outside the US that has the F-15i - the longest range F-15 that can reach and return to/from Iran. Also we have sold to Israel several thousand bunkerbusters, advanced patriot anti-missile systems.
    3. The US will resupply Israel if the conflict is long and drawn out and Israel fails to supply itself. Interesting that the US is buying bullets from Israel since we cannot meet out own needs for the past several years
    4. In terms of special forces - I do not think so, at least in the Palestinian terrortories - but perhaps in syria and parts of lebanon.

The ultimate question is if the US chooses to act against Iran at the same time as this future conflict is active. I remain divided on this....

I think the US would love for Israel to take care of this business and would turn a blind eye if Israel launches an attack against Iran (this will involve mostly cruise missiles, and air assets although there are a few complexes that will require special forces to be used to destroy them unless "we" have developed bunker busters with greater capacity than i currently know about or a big or) larger surface to surface weapons are employed ["icbm-like" missiles armed with conventional warhead]. this is more true because of Bush's current lack of political capital more than anything else.

I think that Israel would love for the US to act and obviate the need for such a little country without the same resources as the US expending so much effort, material, men and money with a lesser chance of success. Currently I believe the US can deliver over 2,500 warheads to targets in Iran with assets located in and around iran - more than enough to set back their nuclear program at least a decade or so.

i think there are efforts underway to undermine the current iranian govt - you have seen attacks on iranian republic guards over the past several months, there is certainly something afoot there.

I would not be surprised to see if israel does attack iran, US special forces aiding and abetting IDF assets. I would bet they are currently in place in iran and most targeting data has been shared between our two countries. i do not think a combined attack will occur on iran.

I strongly believe that both Israel and the US view Iran as the lynchpin to this current mess in the middle east. i would expect that any conflict brought forth by the iranians by hamas / hezbollah will be met with an attack on iran - i think that the iranians will underestimate this in their strategizing.

Israel know that it cannot continue to fight these conflicts like they had with hezbollah this past summer every year or so - and now that israel becomes surrounded by iranian backed groups this highlights the necessity of taking down iran from israels point of view. anything less than that will allow this situation to repeat itself over and over again - Israel will lance this boil - my opinion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darwood @ Jun 15 2007, 01:06 PM) [snapback]462382[/snapback]</div>
    Again, Hamas will not be viewed with legitimacy by any civilized country or the UN. Israel will need to take out hamas with extreme prejudice and most of the international community will be thankful including a lot of middle east countries. I believe israel will need to do what we did in germany and japan following WWII - occupy and establish proper governance and freedom and liberty for all (like the israeli arabs enjoy).

Iran cannot get involved with a conflict involving israel and hamas and hezbollah directly or even indirectly. if they do - they know their nuclear program goes up in smoke. they cannot transport troops in any quantity there either, nor can their airforce participate - nor would it want to - they would be defeated in a heartbeat. the only airforce that would stand a chance against the israeli airforce would be the US airforce - and i would give it a 50-50 chance [save for the F-22 raptor - a plane i predict Israel will get first once US forces have enough -- in fact i would not be surprised is some are there already - we know they are in SoKo or Japan at this time]

we will not invade iran directly - never. dont want to dont need to - and trust me - the world will thank us like the world thanked israel after they took out saddams nuclear reactor in 1981.

3. thfrancis

thfrancis New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

4. ivfarmboy

ivfarmboy New Member

Am I the only one that thinks it is sick that we are in the same damn spot we were 30 years ago???(OK Worse!!!) Talk of war with Iran, Palistinians going beserk and the darn Lebanese killing each other and Israelis. The worst thing is we are even more dependent on the oil than before. I think 100 years from now people will be talking about how stupid we were not to learn our lesson and get off oil dependency much sooner than we will. All nice to talk about them killing each other off but think about the effect on the world's oil and thus overall economy. Yeah we drive a Prius but $10/gal gas will affect the economy and it wont matter that I have a fuel efficient car. We have to spend the next 3 to 5 years pulling out of the whole damn region and the money we save pumping up our alternative energy solutions. If we teamed with Europe, Japan and China(they have more of a reason to do this than us) I think we could easily figure out the alternatives that would work. But before we have the alternatives we have to keep that place as stable as possible, even though we have stirred it up. We have to be more diplomatic and not start sabre rattling, we play right into their darn hands.

I know too late but we better start acting differently there or the world's economy will take a beating and then you might have the big guys fighting. Will the Chinese let their industry suffer because of lack of oil or will they steal from neighbors??? DOnt bet them being peaceful because the only thing keeping the Communists in power is the economic boom, take that away and uh oh...

5. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    "The IDF have been killing Palestinian women and children since 1967 in both Gaza and the West Bank. They are following the lead of the founders of Israel. The UN has allowed these atrocities for over 55 years. The curent death rate during the Palestinian internal dispute is nothing compared to the kill rate by the Israelis."

Can you provide evidence for your claims?

I hope you exclude Palestinian homocide bombers or do you count them amongst those you believe killed by Israeli's?

Do Palestinians kill Israeli women and children, or are they fair game for them?

How did the "founders of Israel (are you referring to the UN or to Ben Gurion or others)" kill Palestinians - please provide evidence of your claims including methods, and numbers killed and if you can yearly stats?

How has the UN allowed these atrocities?

Have Palestinians committed atrocities?

Can you tell me why after Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip in 2005 and gave it to the Palestinians, they have been unable to govern themselves there?

Is there evidence they could govern the West Bank?

What have the Palestinians offered to obtain peace?

What have the Palestinians done with the Billions of $'s they receive from the "world" (UN, EU, US, etc)?

How did Arafat end up with Billions in his bank accounts?

Is it appropriate for the Palestinians to teach their children to kill Jew's?

Is it acceptable for Palestinians to believe that homocide bombings and killing innocent civilians is an appropriate method of behavior? And if so, does that give Israeli's the right to defend themselves?