1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

handling difference 15'' wheel vs 17''?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by bionicman, Dec 25, 2010.

1. evpv

evpv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Not really that accurate though because surface conditions make a huge difference in stopping differences. Same day, same surface, much better test.

TFLcar.com did a test on a Prius V and listed the 60-0 distance at 114 feet.

2. evpv

evpv Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Nope, the Bridgestone Turanza's on mine are described by tirerack as "Standard Touring All-Season" with a treadwear rating of 260.

"The Turanza EL400-02 and Turanza EL400 w/UNI-T are Bridgestone's Standard Touring All-Season tires developed to meet the Original Equipment and replacement tire needs of drivers for their sporty coupes, sedans and vans. Turanza EL400 tires are designed to provide a luxury appearance, long wear and responsive handling along with dry, wet and year-round traction, even in light snow."

3. jhinsc

jhinsc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't say it's minor. A II - IV with 15" tires has more manuverability in tight parking spaces than a V would. Toyota dialed in a larger turning radius on the V to avoid interference from its wider 17" tires.

4. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    EL400-02 is available as LRR in selected sizes but I guess 215-55/17 isn't one of them so your point stands.

5. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes, but, i have not had no issues in any parking lot nor when making U-turns...because the Prius is so compact as is. Sure, i am sure if you put the Prius in a fishtank, then yeah, it makes a little difference....