1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hands Free / Bluetooth dropping my calls?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Ihave2fundogs, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Ihave2fundogs

Ihave2fundogs New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I have it paired with the Prius V. This never fails, my calls get dropped after about a minute or a little more. I have to redial, then it happens again. Can anyone tell me why?

2. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    May want to check your phone signal in the car, preferably while parked. Could also be your provider. Mind you, be sure to check the signal AFTER the connection is made, there is a likely chance the signal is weaker and may be the reason the call disconnects.

3. Ihave2fundogs

Ihave2fundogs New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I never had dropped calls before?? All of a sudden, when I am talking on the hands free, it just cuts out. LIke it is timing out or something. My signal i s fine. I do check it.

4. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Try turning Wifi off. Sometimes the phone doing a search for a Wifi network will interrupt other functionality. It took an iPhone software update to fix it for Ford Synch. The problem was in the sending unit, the phone, not the receiver, the Ford. Likely true in this case also.

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    why use wi-fi?? he has an LTE phone with data access faster than 90% of the public wi fi stations out there. it can do simultaneous voice/data connections. no reason to turn it on. just a waste of battery

6. Keiichi

Keiichi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Because some people forget to turn off their WiFi when they hop into a car, some places might be using some serious WiFi or using Hotspotting phones nearby that could cause it to trigger it to.

7. Ihave2fundogs

Ihave2fundogs New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I should add that I have TMobile and the phone is unlocked. No LTE. I will try turning off the wi-fi next time, but I am pretty certain that it is not on 90% of the time.

8. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ooops! just re read your post. assumed you had the Nexus TWO... let us know how it goes

9. Selborne

Selborne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (verizon) with the Prius v and calls never get dropped.