1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hands Free Quits

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by NeilMay, Oct 10, 2007.

1. NeilMay

NeilMay Junior Member

I can use hands free OK, but on several occasions, the hands free function drops and reverts to holding the phone by hand to continue the call. I'm a bit peeved as Hands Free was a big safety and selling point. I own a compliant Bluetooth Samsung. Any ideas on why the hands free function is dropping off?
    Thanks in advance.
    Buccho

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not using a DICE are you? The only time I've had that happen is since installing that.

3. kohnen

kohnen Grumpy, Cranky Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Buccho @ Oct 10 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]523971[/snapback]</div>
    That happened to me quite a bit.

I changed the names of the phone and the car from their default values to other names. I also changed the bluetooth code from its default 1234 to something else.

This greatly improved the reliability for me. I can only guess that my car and or phone was trying to connect with other stronger signals from fellow commuters.

4. dgreise

dgreise New Member

I also have a Samsung SCH-A870 phone (Verizon) that also does this. Will try the name and pass code change and see what happens. There is also a different version of the software that was tested.

check out http://toyota.letstalk.com/brands/toyota-bt/home.htm for a list of compatibles as well. Not sure how up to date this is, but may help.