1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Handsfree phone & voice activated commands

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by R. Barre, Apr 19, 2015.

1. R. Barre

R. Barre New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    2105 Prius Plug-In. I've paired my iPhone and programmed my home phone into the Speed Dial.

I'm at a red light, I hit the speed dial for my home number, I hear the home phone ring and the answering machine pick up. I'm about to use the 0-9 virtual keypad to enter the answering machine's code, so it'll play back my messages, when the light turns green and I start to drive. Now the 0-9 keypad is grayed out, and a message says something like "Use voice-activation while driving."

I tried saying the numbers of my answering machine's code out loud, but nothing happened. Is there a way I can use voice controls in lieu of tapping out the numbers on the 0-9 keypad?

2. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think that there is a voice command to dial a number, but I do not recall what it is.

You might try posting this in the GenIII forum. Yes you have a PiP, but this is something that would be common with the GenIII Prius and that will reach a larger audience, where you may get an answer.

3. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Tesla Model S
    I may be way off and misremembering, but maybe during the call press the Voice Response key and then say the numbers? I'm almost positive there is a way to do this once the call is answered.

Plan B: use the phone's dial.