1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy new owner in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Motorway, Feb 4, 2006.

1. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Without going an looking in the manual... If I remember right "I did this just the other day"... you lock the car while standing outside... press the panic and the "unlock" a the same time and hold them till you see the lights flash and you get a beep confirmation.. "maybe 5 seconds?".. once thats done you have made it to unlock all the doors... if you do it again it goes to the third mode and then if again back to default.

2. Motorway

Motorway New Member

You should give it a go someday!

3. DJL

DJL Junior Member

Hi Motorway,

Actually, I've been a bit calmer than my usual self since getting the car, which is white. Part of it may be sitting up noticeably higher than in my last car. I no longer worry about frying the clutch, after some visitor slows to a crawl in front of me, on a steep hill. The car itself is quieter. People seem to be giving me more deference at stop signs, too.

So far, the biggest negative that I have noticed is that the car doesn't track well in crosswinds, which others have discussed extensively on this forum. Today on 101-S I felt a bit of a whoosh as a pickup went by in the adjacent lane, and I find myself correcting the steering more often than in my previous car, to avoid the bump-bump of the lane lines.

I'm getting better mileage than in my previous car (Integra, 1.6 L), which got about 22 mpg around town.

Hope you are enjoying your car,
    Don