1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy Prius C4 Owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by afrowalking, Jun 29, 2013.

1. afrowalking

afrowalking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Although only 4 months in and mileage just under 2K, I got a notice from the dealer that it was time for my first service sooooo ... what the heck. I brought it in. Rotated tires, replenished fluids, multipoint inspection and a car wash :) Nothing spectacular BUT ...

I write because I LOVE LOVE LOVE my car and want to share why for those who are thinking of getting one. Note: I formerly leased two MINIs and bought this one.

1) The fuel efficiency is crazy. I fill up my tank about once a month for $35 versus 2-3 times with premium gas at nearly $200 with the MINI.

2) It has more bells and whistles and for FAR fewer dollars than my MINI: advanced technology, navigation, heated seats (come on), more trunk space, more comfortable backseats, FIVE doors. I'm a simple gal when it comes to what I need inside a car and the only thing I miss about my MINI is the sound system (10 speakers is hard to compete with) and ambient lighting (lol; seriously).

3) It's zippy. I rocked it hard on the freeway today with and without eco mode and it kept up with no problem. The suspension was pretty smooth. Nice handling on curves.

4) I never thought I'd say this but it's FUN. The turning radius is much tighter than my MINI because the wheels are smaller (15 vs 17) which makes weaving in and out of lanes and u-turning seamlessly easy.

5) In its way, the outside is beautiful. Mine is black. It's simple but the nuances like the curve over the rear wheels, the unusual vertical taillights (which I hated at first but they grew on me and remind me of crystal or glass), the indentations on the roof, the side profile, when you see it coming at you from the front ... I do not know ... understated yet delivers a whole lotta good.

And that's enough for me.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well said!(y)

Fauxknight and afrowalking like this.
  3. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Very well said.

Just had my first maint earlier this week as well, after 3 months I was at 4750 miles. While it was being serviced I had them call over the salesman who sold me the car so I could talk with him a bit about how awesome of a car it was that he sold me...I've never done that before.

afrowalking likes this.
  4. Yeah! I just got mine a month and a half ago, coming from a tall and short SUV, so I was always afraid of tipping the car by turning too quick. With my c, I can make real quick tight turns. The other day someone noticed I had a hybrid and said it looks like a race car. :D Only thing I miss is digital tire pressure readout, so I can see how tire pressure changes from rest to hot, etc.
    That's some insane fuel cost savings!

afrowalking likes this.
  5. Rob.au

Rob.au Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Seriously, it's a tighter turning circle than the mini?

It is good though. I often give a colleague a lift home from work and after all this time when I do the same tight turn getting out of the work car park, it still blows his mind.

6. Fauxknight

Fauxknight Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three

Mini is 35' vs 31' for most Cs, or 37' for the C with 16" alloys.

Most of my cars have always had bad turning radii, it certainly is different not having to worry about how I'm going to get out of a parking lot. Rather than backing all the way out of a lot or driveway, my C can be turned around rather quickly in any situation even down to a two car driveway.

afrowalking likes this.
  7. ewxlt66

ewxlt66 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    My other car is a crew cab F-250 with the turning radius of a trash truck.... so the Prius feels like a go-kart!

8. afrowalking

afrowalking Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Yes. Tighter than a MINI. I'm telling you, it's the smaller wheels. Makes all the difference.

9. kingnba6

kingnba6 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    the C just keeps on giving. love it

afrowalking likes this.
  10. WiscPriusc

WiscPriusc Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The more I drive it, the more I'm loving it. Just passed 5k mark and have had it 9 months. It took some time to get used to CVT transmission (my prior car was sporty). Having driven the Prius liftback Gen III and 2012 Insight during my research period, I definitely think the Prius C is the most fun to drive of the three. Now that summer is here it isn't uncommon to get 65 mpg on an in-town trip. AC is cold and ample, and when you need to you can floor it to get up to speed!

fuhreshahh and afrowalking like this.
  11. PriusC-illa

PriusC-illa Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Very well said!

A little over 3 months in and fast approaching my 5K maintenance, I too love this car. I drive more just because it is so much more fun now. I love seeing the gas savings and telling all my friends who are still driving gas guzzlers :D

afrowalking likes this.
  12. Righto. I think the most I've ever floored it was for like a second, going up a hill, I was watching my speed go up, then I looked up and almost hit the pick-up truck in front of me. Plus the engine went to 4000 rpm and sounded "reachy" :eek: - I'm not sure if I want to break in the engine that soon...

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

The best thing about the Prius is that you can't overrev the engine. When you floor it, you're asking for max torque so the engine is really only revving at 4,000rpm (like you said) because that's where the engine makes the torque.