1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy Squared

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jayrider, Oct 15, 2010.

1. jayrider

jayrider Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    This was my first Toyota ever and I settled on the Prius because it was the perfect sized hatchback and it offered a leather package for around 27k. I really liked the Audi A3 but it was about 6k more and sat a bit too low. The Prius sold for 25k and service was close and the handling and performance of the Audi wasn't germain to my driving style.
    Have 2 months and 3800 miles under my belt and it has exceeded all my expectations. The car is solid and rattle free. Even the power windows snick closed with sense of quality. The over all build is much better than my Nissan Murano. The ride is smooth, quiet and controlled. It takes the expansion joints very close to the audi. Great dampening for a light car. If you like to go 60-70 mph off the interstate exit ramps, then I do suggest the Audi.
    Been on some country two lanes with it and have passed slower vehicles with ease. It actually feels quick between 45-70 mph when you jump on it. Took a 1300 mile road trip with 2 golf bags and a bunch of clothes with plenty of room.
    MPG is a given at low to mid 50's but this car is a great car on it's own. A comfortable commuter and an excellent long distance vehicle.
    Free oil changes for two years and then 50-60 bucks every 10k miles. Nothing else but tire rotations. Compare that with an Audi !
    I really look forward to driving it -- will keep it for 7 years or 75k miles then give it to my grandaughter who will be 17. Can't imagine what will be available in 7 years but you can bet Toyota will be at the top of the list.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice write up... glad you like your Prius!

3. Michaelvickdog123

Michaelvickdog123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Have you tried it in the PWR mode? Pretty responsive off the line. In fact, surprisingly so. I run only in PWR mode, and still manage over 60 mpg's on my weekly commute (350 miles) to work.

When I first bought, I had my concerns about the higher price, with respect to a comparable (non-hybrid)...but the more miles I rack up, the more I realize I made the right choice.

4. jayrider

jayrider Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Use the power mode often. Especially when I'm at a stoplight next to a mini-van.

5. Former Member 68813

Former Member 68813 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    This used to be my concern untill I test drove the cars that I thought were "comparable" ie Corolla and Matrix and they are not comparable at as all as Prius drives more like refined luxury car rather than those econoboxes. Prius would be worth the 3000 premium ever Matrix even if it was not hybrid.

6. jayrider

jayrider Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Owned an 03 Potiac vibe [matrix twin] and it was scary slow off the line especially when not fully warmed up. Kept it less than a year.
    The prius does ride very nice. Had a few passengers who were surprised.