1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Happy Thanksgiving to All

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hdrygas, Nov 25, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    if its hot and oriental... Wasabi is the only way to go!!

2. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Oh yes, it does rain here as much as you hear. So those who absolutely NEED to have LOTS of sun shouldn't move here. But most people don't seem to have problems with it. Only those from deserts (CA, NV, AZ, etc) don't seem to do well. Oregon is a lot like WA, and from what I've briefly seen upon passing through N. CA, it's kinda like here as well. I think deserts have their own beauty, but the constant dryness, heat, and browns (aka lack of trees) would get to me pretty quick. I like green forests!

I look for love here, but have yet to find it. But then again, I know I work too much to really have time to put a serious effort into it anyway. Good thing I work in two male-dominated industries (slot cars and RC cars/planes/boats)! Lots of opprotunities to meet guys. :D Heh.

Mmmmmmm, Lan Chi's Chilli & Garlic paste!! *drools all over keyboard* That stuff rules! As does wasabe and Chinese hot mustard! I'm a confirmed Chilli-head. First solid food I ever ate when I was a baby was Mexican and it was covered in HOT salsa (I stole it from my mother's plate). I haven't stopped eating spicy foods since. I agree with jchu that spicy brings out the subleties in foods. I have an addiction to Pho Hoa, and enjoy putting the hot peppers they serve with their soups into mine and then pouring the hot sause into it. Mmmm! Haven't met a spicy I couldn't handle, yet. Even the infamous Dixie's BBQ "Man Sause" couldn't bring me down. I was the only one in the room that day that ate a huge glop of it without problems. It was good stuff. :D

3. jchu

jchu New Member

Starbug,

I'm in LOVE... but for the fact that I'm too married and too old. :)

4. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Married? Damn! *sigh*

On the other hand, unite with me in Chilli-headness? CHILLI-HEADS UNITE! *strikes dramatic pose with Tobasco bottle held high in the air*

5. jchu

jchu New Member

6. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    *marches around with the Tobasco bottle, singing made-up songs about hot sauses* (in the style of Irish drinking songs)

7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Don't get me wrong. I do like spicy food. Indian is my favorite, and Mexican is my next favorite. But I like the spice in moderation. At a truely authentic Indian restaurant, the "medium" is as hot as I can take, and is my preference. In Mexico I would add exactly three drops of the hottest hot sauce to a beans-and-rice taco, and it was perfect. I could eat it hotter, but prefered not to. I'd use a spoonful of the milder "salsa casera". (Home hot sauce.) I once asked a Mexican friend if he ate whole, raw jalapeno peppers because the flavor was so good it justified the pain, or if he was so accustomed to it that it just didn't bother him. His reply was, "El de atras paga." (The rear end pays.)

I don't like the constant brown of the desert, but I do love the dry heat. Seville in summer was the best climate I've ever lived in, though it's damp and dreary in winter. I think I could tolerate rain if I was with the right person. Sun is good, but companionship is better. Care to exchange photos, Starbug? I could PM you a link to mine.

8. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    My wife and I took her Polish/Italian mother out for Oriental dinner a few years ago. There was a dallop of wasabi on the side of the serving plate for one of the dinners. MIL mistook it for a candy and popped it into her mouth and bit down. After several glasses of water, she began to relax and regain control. We were LOAO because just before she did the deed, my wife told her not to eat the "green pea thing" on the plate; which of course she then did. We still tease her about it.

9. LoreePrius

LoreePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [font=Tahoma:c888c2269b] [/font:c888c2269b] </span>Time to move on and to say <span style=\'color:red\'>Merry Christmas or Season Greetings

10. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel\";p=\"54252)</div>
    *is eating very spicy enchaladas for dinner at the moment* I grew up on Mexican (first solid food I ever ate, as I mentioned a few posts up), and so that remains my #1 fave. Though I do adore Indian!! *automatically drools at thought of spicy Indian curry* If there's a curry out there, chances are good that I've tried it. Curry rules, baby! I feel no side-effects after eating extremely spicy foods, unlike your poor Mexican friend. I like to eat those whole raw jalapeno peppers as snacks. Sometimes acompanied with cottage cheese. The level of spicy I choose when eating in an Indian, Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese or Japanese resterant depends upon my mood and the temps outside (i.e. in winter I eat it hotter to warm up, and in summer milder because I'm already likely wilting from the heat). If suffering from spring allergies I'll take as hot as they offer in a vain attempt at clearing my head and nose (sniffing an open bottle of Tobasco sause helps too).

A dry heat is not so bad. It's pretty humid here in the summer compared to say, Vegas. I'm dead after 80 degrees here, but could tolorate Vegas' 100 degree heat better (I vacationed there once). I don't mind the heat it's only for a season, but not year-round. I prefer the cold and snow (lots of snow!). The desert of Eastern WA is pretty nice (lots of snow in the winter, nice and warm in the summer). I like taking trips there. Take Beast (my Blazer) 4-wheeling in the snow, and in the summer go you-picking in the peach orchards (you've never seen a peach til you go there! They are HUGE! The size of large softballs, some are even bigger than that).

Sure, I wouldn't mind exchanging photos. I'll PM you in a sec.... *hunts down photos*

11. Starbug

Starbug New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DonDNH\";p=\"54449)</div>
    Ah, yes.... the wasabi ball of doom! :lol: It's nothing more than green horseraddish. I put it all over my sushi. Also try: wasabi crackers, and wasabi postashios. YUMMY!

12. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    We don't normally get a lot of snow, but we always get plenty of wind. I used to live out in the country, and there's nothing to stop the wind, so it piles the snow up in the yards. There were winters when I could climb the snowdrift in my back yard and look down on the roof of my two-story house. The fierce wind breaks up the dry, cold snow into a fine snow dust, and then packs it into drifts that are as hard as wood. Showshoes are necessary in the shelter belts, where the snow settles in gently, but you can climb the big drifts in open country easier than walking on a dirt trail in summer.

I don't like the cold. And I especially don't like driving on ice or when it's snowing and the visibility is bad. But those are the only bad things about Fargo, and I have yet to find a place with fewer disadvantages. Finding the right person, of course, could change that.