1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Hardwire Satellite Radio to Prius Audio System?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Swampthing, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Swampthing

Swampthing Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I recently converted from XM ROADY 2 in my 2004 Prius w/package 9 to an external AUDIOVOX PNP3 unit for SIRIUS. Incidentally, I mounted the cradle to the left of the steering wheel and it looks just perfect! :) The FM MODULATOR is fine, but sometimes loses connection in a city area as large as Washington DC.

Now something that puzzles me is that there is a LINE OUT on the new cradle that allows you to use an external cassette adapter or "hardwire" to the stereo itself. I've used the cassette adapter function before, but have wondered if it is possible to do the hardwire to a 2004 Prius with navigation and 6 CD installed without disabling any current features. Is there a particular wire/adapter that I should use to hook up to the LINE OUT and where would I plug it into on the Prius?

I've looked through the forum here but couldn't find any topics on this.

2. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes you can hard wire it into the Prius's stereo system. You will need to buy an AUX-IN kit though, as well as a MINI plug to RCA plug cable. Look at this thread for more info:

http://www.priuschat.com/forums/ipod2car-w...ius-vt4053.html

Coastal Dave is also working on an AUX-In kit but its been a while since anything was mentioned on his site. It seems as though the hurricanes that passed though really hit is area HARD.

Peter
    Miami, FL USA