1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone been able to enable security on Gen3 via techstream?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by DPri, Feb 18, 2023.

1. DPri

DPri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Wondering if anyone was able to turn ON security using knock off fleabay VCI cable? I believe most Toyota vehicles since year ~2005 and forward should have security hardware built-in from the factory.
    So far I've seen just one successful report on Gen2 couple of years ago.
    Techstream, method to customize? | Page 2 | PriusChat

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Don't all Gen 3's have an alarm Is there a country that the Gen 3 ships with no alarm activated no key fob and what exactly I understand the sienna video and I get that the body ECUs across that platform and stayed the same but I don't understand how that would relate to the Prius You notice in the Siena video he talks about enabling the glass sensor but if his sienna came with alarm not abled then I would imagine there's probably not a glass sensor would I be incorrect or is the glass sensor sitting there built into the system plugged up connected just completely disabled and turned off because somebody didn't pay the $1,200 for the alarm or they didn't want the alarm or exactly what? Kind of strange far as I know all Sienna's come with the base alarm don't they we're talking the minivan here My 01 has three button remote and le model . In tech when the model 3 is plugged up there are a bunch of buttons and options and various and sundry communications I can make with the various ECUs like to turn the horn beeping every time I set the alarm I think that's irritating as hell I just want the orange lights maybe the flash once but I certainly don't need all the horn and unnecessary noise I like the door to unlock just the driver side The rest of the doors in the trunk should do nothing until I hit the button to allow those doors to open for people that I want to get in the car or criminals doesn't matter but pushing the button for me to get in yields only the door I'm going to get in to be unlocked other than that I can't imagine what other changes would need to be made and why the alarm would be off coming from the factory? Off because I turned it off prior possibly but just coming turned off from the factory waiting for John q public to enable it kind of strange but certainly wonderful if it can be enabled I guess where I live an alarm is the least of the worries of folks in the area.

3. DPri

DPri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glass sensor is actually your vehicle speakerphone ' Microphone' and it used as a glass sensor in Toyota factory alarms.

#3 DPri, Feb 18, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2023