1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone bought used and had a bad experience?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NorthernLad4, May 22, 2016.

1. amcoolio

amcoolio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Carfax is clean up until Dec. 2013, when at 58,510 there was a moderate front end impact. However it was immediately serviced twice over a three week span in Jan 2014. Same owner then continued to drive it until 78,685 miles, where it was listed for sale 6/09/16. All the inspections/oil changes in the same town in NC since it was bought in 2007.

Car appears to have no cosmetic damage. It was serviced at a Toyota dealership in a big city for the repairs it looks like.

Car has a clean title. Should I pass?

2. amcoolio

amcoolio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Also can't find anything based on pictures or information about the package. I don't care too much since I would be using an apple carplay stereo system in any car I purchase.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i would want to know what the service details are. also, 2006 is getting close to needing a new battery, even with low miles. is 7k really a good deal? what else is out there?

4. amcoolio

amcoolio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    All other dealer Priuses are over 10k, except for a few 200+ mile 2001-2003 Priuses. I really don't want to go above $7500 for a new car.

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This seems like a reasonable candidate for purchase. It is up to you to determine whether the asking price is fair based upon your knowledge of the local market.

The vehicle warranty has expired and you should be prepared for some repair expenses into four digits, as time passes - if you must rely upon dealer installation of new parts. Or, be able to DIY the needed repairs.

6. DonDNH

DonDNH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    That price seems high to me. Use KBB.com or Edmunds.com to see what others are actually paying for such a car in your area.