1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone changed 12v battery yet?

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GuamKelly, Oct 19, 2013.

1. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Based on my experience with my 2008 Gen2, I just bought a new Optima Yellowtop for my wife's Prius V (don't want her to get stranded and have some yahoo incorrectly jump her car). I assume it's the same setup but haven't been able to get the car away from her long enough to do it yet. Anything to watch out for other than the little capacitor box and the ductwork?

2. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    OK, can answer my own question. It is drop dead easy. Unlike the Gen2 or, I understand, Gen3, there is no ductwork to move, no electronics in the way. Remove two 10 mm bolts on the restraining strap and Yellowtop model DS46B24R drops right in. Terminals are correct size so you don't need to change the clamps. Whole job, start to finish, about 30 minutes. Don't forget to jumper at the terminal on the fusebox so you don't lose your data.

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the info. Have not changed the battery on my 08 yet, but it's encouraging to hear the 12 is easier.

4. k barbieri

k barbieri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes earlier this year on an '08 with less than 20K....the light went on and when I brought into the dealer they said it needed it..cost: $360

5. webp

webp New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Ya, all ready the charged my 12v battery by own way. And also it is very much easy.

ana012 likes this.