1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by CEguru, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Alric

Alric New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I have the opposite. My very best friend is a medical Dr. and he argues, with a straight face, that he makes more money if he drives only Mercedes. His latest car, a horrid Mercedes SUV with about 10 MPG. Talk about mental gymnastics to justify a purpose. Funny thing he is very smart and agrees with the issues of climate change. I always tell him; the movie was NOT called "A convenient truth".

2. Essayons

Essayons Essayons

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We traded a Lexus LS400 for the Prius. My Wife was happy (I wasn't complaining about gas), but of all people the kids were unhappy. They want people to think we are rich and having a LS400 was OK to be seen in, a Huge SUV would be better.

My neighbor said "great now that you have a Prius I can get a bigger SUV to even things out." Most people say it is so small untill I put them in the back seat and say '50 MPG everyday and less than $25 to fill up'

3. koa

koa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Should have told your neighbor you were in fact having financial problems and was wondering if he could loan you some money since he is so interested in your well being.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Just tell them the Prius is a STATUS vehicle among hollywood actors. Like Bill Merchant! ;) :)

Or that the car has a top speed of 105 mph and you get ridiculously high gas mileage and almost the same legroom as a camry... B)

5. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would humbly suggest that maybe it's time to trade 'up' to new neighbors...
    [laughing]

6. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <_< Hmmmmmmm......

When I was a "young whippersnapper," I was concerned with what my acquaintences thought about the car I drove, perhaps even what the parking lot attendents and those walking down the sidewalk thought. Now I couldn't care less what they think. I buy and drive what I can afford and like.

As for comments and responses I receive regarding my Prius, most of them are quite positive.

7. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I explain and people acknowledge that Prius is a step up! No smog checks, ICE doesn't run unless needed (no idling at stops), NimH battery guaranteed for 150k mi (California), regeneration when gliding and braking, excellent Sirius satellite radio, JBL sound, excellent torque, 5k service interval, instant heat in winter, I can fit my bicycle in the back, backup camera, easy access to fluid reservoirs under hood, aerodynamic design, sun shields for all windows, heated side mirrors, etc.

My 2007 Touring is quieter than my 2005. The real clincher is that I keep complete records and show them the most current spreadsheet for fuel - 60 mpg!