1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone extended the Prius C steering wheel?

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by Dogwood2, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Dogwood2

Dogwood2 Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Bringing the steering wheel out another inch or two would do wonders. But is there an acceptable path? I know this isn't done casually, because it could interfere with the airbag.

There are two possibilities. First, some kind of extender that would be inserted behind the steering wheel. Extenders are sold for some standard wheel mounts; I haven't seen anything for this car. Alternatively, I see an external wheel extension that targets handicapped drivers. See link; this might do the trick and not interfere with the airbag for 14" diameter and an extension of an inch or two.

Anyone ever done this?

2. B2FiNiTY

B2FiNiTY Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you are willing to give up the air bag, aftermarket steering wheel setups can easily be setup.

You can get aftermarket steering wheel hubs/spacers and extend your wheel that way but you also have to consider extending the srs wiring.