1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone got their tint done in SoCal?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by MansTer420, Apr 19, 2013.

1. MansTer420

MansTer420 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Im about to get my windows tinted in illigal level on this Sat.. lol

Ive searched and this 'Fresh Tint' place looks promising.

How much is their price / anyone got the job done from these people?
    SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 ? 2

2. mnsweeps

mnsweeps Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I did mine for $149 in the San Fernando valley about 3 - 4 weeks back..limos tints in the back and 80% in the front...they used 3M tints with lifetime warranty..

MansTer420 likes this.
  3. Bman83

Bman83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    where did you go? we just bought a Prius tonight and want to get tinted this weekend

MansTer420 likes this.
  4. matt b.

matt b. Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Not them but the guys who did mine, was from word of mouth.which, cost me 125.00 I know, hell of a eeal especially for all the windiws in a prius, wuth a lifetime warrent

MansTer420 likes this.
  5. MansTer420

MansTer420 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    can you post up some places?

this 'fresh tint' place has pictures with celebrities who got thier car done there.

Im sure they are expensive just by looking at them...

SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 ? 2

6. MansTer420

MansTer420 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hey

which model did you get. 2 or 3?

SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 ? 2

7. mnsweeps

mnsweeps Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    at a place in Glendale..where are you located? Check for Groupons.

8. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    wow.. you guys have it good down there as in prices are low.. maybe due to volume as I'm sure high percentage of cars in Socal get tinted.

9. Bman83

Bman83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Went with the 2, was leaning towards the 3 for the camera before we test drove it. Found the visability backing up was a non issue which was the main concern. Smart door key on the extra doors wasn't worth the price jump for us as my wife drives it by herself 90% of the time and only needs the smart key on the driver door.

10. Bman83

Bman83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We're a little north of there up in Santa Clarita. Black Diamond is the name of the tint company that most people use up here but I know they are way over priced because be has a monopoly up here. Friends in the valley told me to use California tint.

11. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I used WTS (Whittier Tint Shop). They do a great job. I had Marathon tint installed and it's guaranteed for life. It's top-of-the-line and the cost was $ 225. I might add, it does an excellent job of keeping the temperature down in the interior.

12. SoCal65SS

SoCal65SS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've used nothing but Black Diamond for the last ten years. Ten years ago I had an Audi A4 and just wanted it tinted... my girlfriend (now wife) lived in Santa Clarita and I was visiting her for the weekend. I was shocked at the $220 (All windows except the windshield) however was VERY satisfied with the work. I've never ever picked up a car from being tinted that had perfectly clear windows with no bubbles or haze that take a week to go away, however, from Black Diamond that is exactly what I got. You would never guess the tint was fresh after they were done. I've taken every single car there since. Also, if you do a full legal tint and don't tint the front windows it is cheaper and inline with some of the other local places. My Prius has all rear windows done with lifetime warrantied film and if I recall correctly it was $160 OTD. For me... you get what you pay for and I definitely would pay a premium to have my windows done by Black Diamond. Not sure how they do it exactly, but I absolutely love the results every time. If Im paying an extra $40 or $60 or whatever that's fine... I'm going to keep the car for at least a couple years no matter what anyway and I won't remember that extra $ spent. There are plenty of other tint shops in SCV.. I wouldn't say he has a monopoly... I think he just has people lining up for his work and when you have that much demand you can charge a little more for your work.

13. Bman83

Bman83 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went with Black Diamond again, it was 170 for California Tint in the valley which a few of my do workers suggested. BD was 200 but its local for me so I stuck with them. This was for all 5 windows.

14. Bullet Salvador

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I shopped around and the most credible and affordable place is in Sherman Oaks. A place called Sunshild Glass Tinting. They have 3M color stable on all windows except the front windshield for $155 and a lifetime warranty.

Best bang for your buck. Just make sure you make an appointment. They are usually really busy. Here is their Yelp link below:

Sunshield Glass Tinting
    4704 Van Nuys Blvd
    Sherman Oaks
    Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
    Sunshield Glass Tinting - Sherman Oaks - Sherman Oaks, CA

15. cooljw

cooljw Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Does anyone know a good affordable tint shop in San Diego? It is hard to find any place under $200 down here.

16. HeinzCatSoup

HeinzCatSoup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    California Tint in San Gabriel Valley in Socal. I've done my last 5 cars there, great tint. $135 for the whole car. You have to come early though (1 hour before shop opens) to start lining up for the day. they can only take so much in 1 day.

17. Diablo

Diablo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Mr.Tint in Escodido, I wanted the 5% Formula One Pinnacle Ceramic tint so it was $390. It really keeps the heat down.

18. fobber

fobber Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am also in the market to get my Prius tinted. Does anyone know the difference between certain window tint film? I tried Googling car window tints, 3M and llumar came up. Which is "better" in the sense that it can reduce heat while retain some clearity.

I'm also interested on what people paied for tinting their cars. I emailed 2 from Llumar vendors, and they quoted me 150 for some base level, and 220 in So Cal.

19. alphaprius

alphaprius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You have a couple options:
    1. Your basic window tint film
    2. Ceramic Tint

The difference really is the ability to keep heat out, both will block UV obviously. But you pay a lot more for ceramic tint that keeps the heat out of the vehicle. I got mine tinted at Perfect Window Tint in Santa Ana.

At the time they had: Solargard, Madico, Suntek, and Huper Optik.

I went with Suntek Ceramic and tinted all the windows included the windshield.

You also have to consider what tint shade obviously and how dark you want it to be.

20. HeinzCatSoup

HeinzCatSoup Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    you went with 5% all around? you rebel you.