1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone gotten the rear bumper applique

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Bill Compton, Mar 27, 2004.

1. mkaliski

mkaliski Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Just installed a black rubber rear bumper pad over the factory applique. Purchased it from Deland Toyota. They ship the genuine toyota part for under 40.00

The easiest order method is via Ebay. Just type in Prius rear bumper pad.
    The fit is perfect and the pad protects far better than the clear applique (I know I scratched it loading a work bench).

M. Kaliski

2. duanerw

duanerw senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I purchased the black matrix protector from toyota and put it on my 2005.It looked real good till this afternoon when i was waiting for the light to turn green and a suv didnt want to wait.the impact wasnt very hard but it did lift the protector a little.
    the cost of a new rear bumper cover including a new matrix protector is 682.58...

3. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Bill:

I think it's pretty close to worthless. I had one installed and within a week, it had a nasty gouge in it that looked like the bumper itself were peeling. I installed one of the black hard rubber protectors designed for the Matrix, but which fits well on the Prius. It is quite visible, of course, but it does the job.

Bob

4. Roger3125

Roger3125 New Member

Can we have a little clarification here? Are we talking application of the clear plastic guard bumper ot the thicker black plastic bumper similar to what we see on SUVs?

I saw the latter on ebay for $29.95 plus a whopping $10 for postage. Anyone know where it can be gotten for less?

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    the "applique" is the clear guard. the bumper protector is much thicker and tougher.

sounds like you're getting a decent deal via ebay minus the shipping extortion... costs around $40 at the dealer.

6. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I had orderded below... Cost $39 + shipping. It says it's OEM. They call in rubber, but feels more like ABS plastic to me. Haven't had the chance to install since it's been brutal the last 2 weekends and dawn to way past dusk work since I picked up the Prius

http://www.sigmaauto.com/jdm/prius/prius0405.php

(towards the very bottom, about 3rd up, left side of main display)