1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has Anyone Here Moved Away From CA After Buying Your PIP?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by rorystewart, Jan 22, 2014.

1. rorystewart

rorystewart Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If so did you have to return your $1,500 rebate? I'm looking at the requirements now and it says you have to keep the vehicle registered in CA for 3 years... :/ Has anyone here gone through this?

2. 3PriusMike

3PriusMike Prius owner since 2000, Tesla M3 2018

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just like most government programs, there is probably funding for the rebates but no funding for enforcement. But who knows, maybe they have flagged each $1500 recipient's DMV records and if you don't do two renewals you will be sent a bill for $1500.

Mike

3. Tracksyde

Tracksyde Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The $1500 CA rebate also says you need to keep the car for 3 years or return the rebate.

I think that would be a question that some people here could answer more easily. FWIW, I know this person who traded in their car and got a new one that was also eligible for the CA rebate. As far as I know, they didn't return anything and they have never been "asked" to do so either.

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    hmm...another guy was asking that I wonder if he pulled trigger...he was moving...

5. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Are you kidding? Seen the weather in the rest of the country? We'd have to be crazy! ;)

6. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Pity there's going to be no water this year...

7. PiPLosAngeles

PiPLosAngeles Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    LOL. I think the opposite. 80's and 90's in January? I don't want or need any of that. I don't like 80's and 90's in August, let alone January.

8. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Quit bragging:). Yes, we need a lot of more rain soon to get the Sierra its much needed snow pack for the coming dry season. We finally got a decent rain over the last 36 hours up here, and probably some more in a week.

More seasonality for this "winter" would be welcome, but I'd take this weather any day over what the Midwest, Northeast, and South continues to deal with over recent weeks. I grew up in SoCal and lived a number of years in the midwest recently - we've got it pretty good in California.