1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

has anyone installed a aoogah style horn?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by fintonissimo, Mar 11, 2011.

1. fintonissimo

fintonissimo Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Has anyone installed an "aoogah" style horn?

For fun, I was thinking of installing a horn that will produce the old timer "aoogah" sound. Has anyone actually done this, and how did you do it? Is it worth the trouble?

As I go online and listen to sound samples, I can't seem to find any new 12 volt horn that sounds authentic. Most of them sound too high pitched and don't have enough variation in the tone. The Wolo Fun horn is an example of this...it sounds like it is overpowered. However, I read how one person used a one ohm resistor and adjusted a screw to modify the sound successfully.

I don't want to open a whole can of worms with this project. I'm not interested in doing this unless I know that I can get the authentic sound that I'm looking for, and that the installed apparatus will be compatible with everything else in the car. I'm a musician, so if it doesn't sound like the real thing, I'm not interested in it. Also, I don't want something that will quit working after only a couple months!

Any ideas/advice?