1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has anyone installed the enginer PHEV?

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by alevinemi, May 28, 2009.

1. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    some freezes from the clean mpg youtube video
    and ..whats that capacitator doing there?

whas there a special discount that weekend? 995$

Attached Files:

2. MJFrog

MJFrog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    I believe the $995 is the cost of the kit w/o batteries.

I don't believe that's a capacitor, it's the in-unit fire extingusher in case of electrical fire (shorts).

3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here is an article and 3 1/2 minute video that L.A. Examiner Matt Kelly made at Hybridfest Green Drive Expo about Automation Tech.

4. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    so jack is the distrubitor for the US.. .. and what is the origional company from china...or:confused:

5. krousdb

krousdb NX-74205

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Or Australia? Per the Enginer.us website:

1 person likes this.
  6. eddiem

eddiem New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I finally finished my self install of the 4KW kit, I got 75mgp freeway, 15 miles of EV only, 100 city driving, I need a scan gage since the MDF only goes to 99.99, I will do more testing today.

1 person likes this.
  7. krousdb

krousdb NX-74205

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What speed on the freeway and for how many miles? What speed in EV? How many miles in the city?

8. eddiem

eddiem New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Note: I did not run the pack all the way down so I could have done more than 15 miles of EV only.

1 person likes this.
  9. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    is that not supposed to be US lead? instead of australian?

10. mymimi

mymimi New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

where did you read this? i cant find any info on this

11. kammssss

kammssss Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    hey boss,

that's good to hear. my 4kw unit is coming in a few weeks. hey, how long did it take you to get it? and please post more data. how fast were you going on the freeway?

12. eddiem

eddiem New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yesterday I was really tired when doing the test so the numbers may be off:
    Freeway 10 miles at 60MPH = 75MPG
    EV only 15 miles under 40MPH

Today I drove 18 miles 70% freeway and 30% city and averaged 76MPG. I will do more detailed testing.

2 people like this.
  13. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    This is very close to what I estimate* the system should give. Sounds like it is working as advertised.

*A stock Prius goes 60 miles at 60 mph using one gallon of fuel in one hour. The gallon of fuel is about 13 kwh at the PSD. If the extra battery is saving 2.5 kW, then the the 60 miles took 10.5 Kwh of fuel: (13/10.5)*60 = 74.3 mpg

1 person likes this.
  14. plugmein2

plugmein2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been following the evolution of the prius plug-in for quite a while now. I finally took the plunge and purchased a 2008 Prius a week ago. I have ordered the 4KW Enginer PHEV conversion pack and I hope to get it installed the 1st or second week of August. I was pleased to get all my questions answered promptly by Jack Chen of Enginer before my purchase. He calmed any worries I had about the system.

I wasn't about to spend $11,000 on Hymotion or $9,000 on plug in supply's system. I was also waiting for Li-ion batteries to come into the mix.

I was excited to finally see a plug-in kit that is affordable, Li-ion based, well designed, and easy to install.

Enginer seems to have worked out all the technical issues to make converting the Prius to a plug-in simple, even to a lay person like me.

After installation, I will document 30 days of mpg info. and keep u all posted.

15. Blazehodges

Blazehodges New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    We just took the plunge and purchase the 4KW system. Jack has someone that can install in LA during the Hybrid conference next month, so I will be happy to report out findings a little later.

16. plugmein2

plugmein2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am thinking about driving to LA and meet Jack personally. There is a Plug-in conference there in August and he will be there.

When I talked to Jack about the last conference he attended, he said a Hymotion demo car was directly across from him in another booth.

He said they didn't say anything to each other, but I'm sure Hymotion was not happy to see a well-made conversion plug-in kit for a fraction of the price. Heehee!!:cheer2:
    I considered waiting for Toyota to make a plug-in until I read the press release giving a $45,000 price tag for the new factory Plug-in Toyota prius. :eek: No way!! My pocket book would rather convert a used one.

Later,

JOANNA

17. eMileage

eMileage Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations on your purchase and good luck with the installation, etc. Please advise if you encounter any issues/challenges/surprises with the process. Thanks!

18. Flying White Dutchman

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ok i mist that 45.000 dollar press release! do you have a link?

19. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    the eestor UltraCap is considered "vaporware" since its launch date (if it ever happens) is so late. you can read a TON of stuff about it, but its all comments made by outsiders.

the actual companies involved eestor (the make of the Cap) and Zenn (the company that will market the conversion kit) have both been derided so much that it is currently difficult to weed out valid or new information.

the only real thing available is results of a testing and verification process to prove the technology exists. there is now and there is never been "official" word that a product, even in prototype form, exists. however, rumours are flying with several companies about prototypes installed in products from several different fields.

current indications from recent interviews suggest that a product announcement is imminent but that was also the case in 2004, 2006 and 2007. so we shall see.

20. ias513

ias513 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I have been trying to find out how to purchase the 2kw unit for my 2001 prius since late last week.

Can anyone tell me how to do this with our $500 discount? So far I have not had a reply from Jack or anyone from Enginer.