1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

has anyone noticed their teeth deteriorating since getting a prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by arayan, Dec 4, 2012.

?
  1. yes

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. no

58 vote(s)
    87.9%
  3. not sure

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. maybe yes

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As I'm typing this, my toothless gums are bleeding all over my keyboard......

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go put my hamburger in a blender.....

The good news is I can put the hamburger in a cup and drink it in my Prius from the convenient bridge located cup holder.

Come on? Is this REALLY a problem?

Because you get one thread like this, and the next thing I know, my Dodge Diesel Truck driving friends are telling me about how Prius makes "zombie teeth".

And really? I don't want the next generation Prius to come with a built in floss dispenser.

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Instead of a cup holder, they can add a denture holder.

3. AlinaH_RD

AlinaH_RD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Lol. Best thing I've read lately.

fuzzy1 likes this.
  4. impe1595

impe1595 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    NO! NO! You folks can carry on all you want with the funny little jokes, but I think there may be something here. I have not had any dental problems in at least 30 years - then I go out and get a new Prius and BLAMMO my last checkup CAVITY!

My dentist is also my good friend and next door neighbor. When I described what I had just read in this thread, at first he smiled waiting for the zinger and that not forthcoming, he got an odd look on his face, and then went back in his house shaking his head. HE KNOWS SOMETHING !!

And another thing - my friend Kip a few houses down the alley told me that he recently encountered a slight vibration in his teeth while knawing on the passenger side read door handle of his new Prius 5; he remembered that it had just rained and he was standing in a puddle. I said "AH HA!" which seemed to startle him; he then walked back into his house with an alarmed look on his face, also shaking his head. I WONDER WHAT HE KNOWS?

There are many Prii in our neighborhood and tomorrow I am going to start inspecting teeth and checkin fenders for knaw marks. I'll get to the bottom of this, and report back ASAP.

Rae Vynn and JMD like this.
  5. Jamesb93612

Jamesb93612 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Seriously!?!? I subscribed to this thread just so I can get my daily LOLZ. Too funny!

Rae Vynn likes this.
  6. JMD

JMD 2012 Prius 4 Solar Roof

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    IMPE no dental problem buy my package is getting bigger :)

Not complaining

7. impe1595

impe1595 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    IMPE1595 REPORTING BACK. I started my investigation this morning and got really excited; the 1st Prius I looked at had chew marks all over the interior. When the owner came out to ask what I was doing, I explained the Prius Chat thread. To my dismay, he said it was due to a raccoon attracted through an open window by half a ham sandwich that his kid left overnight in the back seat. As he was talking, I looked at his teeth which seemed to be in good order. I asked him about the general dental condition of the rest of his family, He just gave an odd look and didn't answer. When I asked him if the raccoon's teeth appeared to be in good shape, he mumbled something which wasn't very nice and went back in his house.

The 2nd Prius that I planned to look at was not parked in its usual place, but the owner kept peeping at me through her partially open blinds.

I had just started looking for chew marks on the 3rd Prius when the owner chased me out of his garage. He was yelling and gritting his teeth, which incidentally, seemed to be in good shape. I'll try again later tonight.

Another thing I forgot to address in my first post is that occasional sulfur smell which I too have, and which would not be a problem except that every time my wife gets a whiff, she gives me a dirty look. All this time I've been blaming it on the dog.

To JMD - after reading your post re. a "package" ?? , my wife said maybe I need to spend more time the our Prius. What's that all about?

8. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "Gnaw".... and I think your dentist does, indeed, KNOW SOMETHING. Like, it's been confirmed now, you are nuts. :)

Jamesb93612 likes this.
  9. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    i smell a reality show...

10. FranklinS

FranklinS Ach crivens ye scunners!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had an impacted wisdom tooth. Last week I went to the oral surgeon and it was gone. Disappeared, vanished?

I say a miracle. I am faxing my results as I post to the Vatican. It is still early but we just may see the headline "The Toothless Miracle of Saint Prius" in the near future. Fingers crossed.

Rae Vynn likes this.
  11. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The real reason for Prii fantastic fuel economy isn't the Atkinson Cycle of the Hybrid system, Toyota made a pact with Satan and that is Satan you are smelling.

Revelation 20:10

And he hasn't been able to get rid of the smell since then.

Rae Vynn and Jamesb93612 like this.
  12. FranklinS

FranklinS Ach crivens ye scunners!

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    "And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

"For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall show signs and wonders (50MPG!), to seduce...."

xs650 likes this.