1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Has Anyone Ordered a 2007 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by New Revelation, Sep 3, 2006.

1. ferrets

ferrets New Member

i ordered mine package 2 last week and was told 8 weeks wait list, but smaller dealers in the area had a 3 to 4 month wait list. i also only had to put 200 down.
    i was told i'd get blue book value for my trade but they wouldnt commit to a trade in price until the prius arrived.

2. billyboy

billyboy Guest

Remember people we're talking about car dealers and salesmen. As a group, not exactly the most trustworthly bunch on the planet by reputation so expect to be told all kinds of things and have all kinds of misinformation floating around. Like anything else, there are good dealers and good salesmen and there are some bad ones as well.

I seem to have lucked out this time both with the Toyota dealer and sales guy. No high pressure at all, a fair no quible value on the trade-in, very close to blue book. Over the years I've been handed all kinds of BS when trying to buy a new car. I've been told they would need to sell my trade in for scap, they instisted I was in a accident because they "could see" body damage, etc., yet the car was NEVER in any accident. I've beed told the brakes on the trade-in were shot, after I just had a break job a few months before. The car they claimed was scap I sold myself for $6000 the next day at Carmax.

My experience with Prius Dealers in the Chicago area:

One high volume dealer claimed on their web site they had 10 2007 Prius in stock. I went over, once I got there they claimed oh those, we sold them all yesterday. Maybe, but a week later their web site still shows them in their inventory. Yea right.

Another dealer I made a apointment for a test drive. Got there, they only had a couple 2006 models after being told on the phone sure we got a 2007 you can test drive.

Another I called back on his cell phone to confirm my apointment for a test drive only for the sales guy to tell me he quit and was moving to Texas. He put all my info in their computer, but that dealer still hasn't called me back, so screw them if that's an example of how they take care of would be customers.

Finally, where I bought. No bull.... I asked have any 2007's in stock? Right way, they say no. But walk with me to show the printout of what's on the way. No BS, actual computer printout of vehicles in transit. Nothing exactly like I wanted. Salesman was helpful. Could have taken a canceled order the next morning, (wrong color), another had a option package where they said they (the dealer) could add the the HomeLink if I wanted this one about a week out, again not the color I wanted. So I'm waiting, s/b end of this month. The salesman so far in a week has called twice and offered similar models that have arrived, but for one reason or another the original customer couldn't pick up or no longer wanted. The catch is you got to get there fast since all the salesmen try to grab for Prius for their customers as soon as they're off the truck. I don't really want to play the game to see who can drive like a madman to get to the dealer first.